Schaumburg-Lippe for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schaumburg-Lippe for review

I'm looking at these spanges and considering to buy one of them, but I'd like to hear your opinions first. The first one looks bad to me - the Schaumburg Lippe cross has too thick letters, probably fake?
    Attached Files

This one looks better, but the decorations are a bit crowded and irregularly mounted - the bottom line is not even. Too crumpy for Sedlatzek?
    Attached Files

Comment

What about this small bar? I know the pics are crap, but that's all I have. Any help really appreciated.
      Attached Files

Comment

I actually like the first one the best. Construction-wise it looks good. The second bar is trying to be a frack bar but has been but has been mounted backwards. The hinge should be up top when worn. That and you would expect the ribbons to all be furled the same.

The last one is probably ok as well but again, why such a difference on the ribbons? Perhaps the recipient put it together himself to save money.
        pseudo-expert

Comment

Don, thank you very much for your quick and detailed explanation! I didn't notice the frack bar has upturned pin and hinge... If I understand correctly, the Lippe cross on the first bar is fine, a variation?

Comment

imo is the first schaumburg-lippe cross is a replacement for "spange"

regards kai

Comment

Kai, thanks for your opinion. However, I see many differences between 1st cross and Spangenstück on your picture (the left one with thin ring attachment) - the crown is different, central letter A is distintly thicker and other letter too, especially "Für". In fact, it looks more like right cross on your picture, the one with thick ring attachment (which is awarded piece, if I understand right).
              Attached Files

Comment

The ribbons on the second bar are over lapped wrong should be lapped with the service medal first then the next ending with the EKII being added last if not mistaken.... Harold

Comment

but it don't looks like a piece with flat backside,
                  the ring is different but there can be different
                  makers of these crosses. I guess the awaded type
                  crosses are these with the wider, flat ring attechment?
                  Or is it wrong?

Thank you!

regards kai

Comment

Gentlemen,. thank you for your excellent contributions! I just checked all this forum's entries "schaumburg" and didn't find any cross that would match the first one - none with that thick / short central A, all A's are more slender. Could it be a rarer undocumented variant? I'll keep searching.

Harold, you're right, ribbons on the 2nd bar are mounted the wrong way, the EK II should be on top!

Comment

The first is not a war time piece and I do not think it is a inter war piece either. The small ring is clearly not of the war time type. You see many of these with the same very thin, far too thin ring on ebay.de. A well known faker sells these as "57 type".

The second I have always thought of as inter war, they often show this level of wear and again the small ring is different from the accepted war time piece, similar but not the same.

The third is war time, but I cannot vouch for the authenticity of the bars themselves.

Does anyone have any other pictures of the first type on a bar? I would be surprised if it is a spangenstuck..

J

Comment

If I were you, I'd buy the tuxedo bar, although the tailer mounted the ribbons from up to down instead the other way.

Bar #1 originates from ebay seller "agle42" which is "hagekna41"'s wife... nothing for my collection!

sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

Thanks for that bit of info Saschaw.
                          pseudo-expert

Comment

Jesse, Sascha, thank you very much for your opinions!

I think I'll skip them all and wait for another one. But I learned something new and I really appreciate your help and fruitful discussion!

Comment

Originally posted by Valter Gorenc View Post
                              I think I'll skip them all and wait for another one.
                              After seeing #2 on ebay coincidently, I have to agree... skip them all!

sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X