1870 EKII Opinions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1870 EKII Opinions.

Hey guys, looking for opinions on this piece, and yes I'm also going to ask for opinions on it's value it it's current condition. I ask because I don't have a clue.

Hang on now, more to come....

Comment

More...

Comment

Reverse...

Comment

Leaves.....

Comment

Last pic, hallmark "G".

Comment

Looks like a good piece to me, I would don't know what the going rate for these is, when I got mine, it was $450. I would like to make an observation on this one though. In as much as it has the jubilee pin attacked and the ring in marked G for Godet, I think it would be safe to assume that this is not and 1870 issue piece but rather an 1890s restrike for the jubilee. It is my impression that issue 1870 were not or were rarely marked, also I recall reading someplace that Germans Vets who could not find their 1870 issue crosses often bought restrikes for wear during the celebrations. For me, I looked long and hard to find an attributed 1870 issue piece because that is what I wanted. Don't get me wrong, these restrikes are still legit EKs and not fakes by any standard, they just aren't period pieces, it's like the 1914 EKs that were made in the 1930s as replacements, nothing wrong with them, but I just have no interest in owning a WWI EK made after WWI, same goes for 1939 EKs. But if you like this one, I would say go for it, it is not on Ebay by any chance, the pics look somewhat familiar.
              Interested in candid/private Hitler, KIA, and Holocaust photos. Also any AH related memorabilia--silverware, linen, crystal, china...
              All the best,
              Chris

Comment

Chris,

As always, thank you. Since I'm mainly a '39 guy, this would be good for a representative piece. Just wanted to be sure it came from Germany and not Latvia!

I think EK about covered it. Any other comments? Thanks again.

Comment

I like it. Especially the slight angle at the top. Creativity on the asembly line?

Comment

Panzerman...

Does the Obverse crown and 'W' of your piece match these...?

Attached Files

Comment

Biro,

I don't have it in hand, I'm thinking of buying it. Looks the same in the photos though. Is there a concern??

Thanks.

Comment

Perhaps I am being overly critical, but the splints for the leaves do look a bit flimsy . Correct me if I am wrong, please! I don't want to cast any doubt if none is due.

Comment

Biro,

I don't have it in hand, I'm thinking of buying it. Looks the same in the photos though. Is there a concern??

Thanks.

maybe.....

It if it is an exact match, then I guess it depends what sort of credence you place in these....

you'd want to be certain though, and without it in hand, that's not 100%possible....

zzz.copy of the week.zzz Detlev Niemann
                          Attached Files

Comment

1870 for sale...

Biro, The sale item. What do you think? The crown.

Comment

1870 for sale...

The "W".....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X