Help with ribbons on Godet button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with ribbons on Godet button

This mini has many question marks I´d like to solve. At first, Silesian Eagle is - in my opinion - not genuine to the button. I have three reasons to believe this:
    1. there is no Silesian Eagle ribbon in the bow. It would be first Godet button I had seen without ribbon to the presented mini (of course, except the minis that are completely without ribbons).
    2. there is strange "O" mark, that I have never seen on Godet minis.
    3. the hook on the button ring, which holds the mini, shows the signs of being opened and then closed not very profesionally.

Then - because the button is still interesting for me as it is not very common bronze button (I had only gold and silver buttons of this type) - I´d rather put the appropriate mini to this combo then to sell it out.
    But, before it, I need to identify the ribbons. With the help of GMIC, I was able to identify only the first one, which is either TR Red cross medal, or Volkspflege. The second and third ones remained unidentified. If you can help me with them, I´d be very happy.

PS: Before you say Braunschweig EA cross to the second ribbon, notice the stripes are made of yellow and red squares.

Thanks in advance
    Miro
    Attached Files

I think the button and eagle are fine--it's the ribbons that are the issue.
    The ribbons were most likely missing and someone added whatever ribbon
    they thought looked good to the devise.

Comment

Hi Miro

Ribbons 2 & 3 are as follows:

-Romanian Balkan War Victory Medal
      -Romanian Carol I Jubilee Medal

The first ribbon may also be something "foreign" as opposed to being German...perhaps something Croatian.

Kind regards
      Pierce

Comment

Thanks Pierce for correct ID of 2nd and 3rd ribbons. Btw, first ribbon really looks like Croatian stuff, either Zvonimir, or Ante Pavelic bravery medal. So, we have 1906 jubilee medal, 1913 medal and some TR or WW2 stuff with swords not belonging to any ribbon and "orphan" Silesian Eagle hanging under it. Really crazy combo.
        Of course, Greg, also your theory can be correct, but in this case I would like to see the "O" mark on some other Godet stuff.
        Miro

Comment

You are very welcome Miro.

I collect 57er items and sometimes you will see an "O" on the reverse of some medals, stickpins, miniature medals, etc. This is commonly associated with Steinhauer & Lück. You may want to find out if they also marked their Third Reich and earlier items in this way. I realise this Silesian Eagle is hanging from a Godet button but maybe food for thought.

Kind regards
          Pierce

Comment

Thanks again, Pierce, I saw the O mark on 57 chain lately, so I was sure it was not Godet, as Godet was not involved in 57 versions.

I´ve just found first ribbon with sword device on 57 ribbon bar in 57 forum section. It supports the idea that button with swords and ribbons are genuine, while eagle is "immigrant".

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...5&postcount=17

Comment

Just for information- this white/red ribbon was also used for the Austrian Order of Leopold.

Kind regards
              Pierce

Comment

Originally posted by luftkreig View Post
                Just for information- this white/red ribbon was also used for the Austrian Order of Leopold.

Kind regards
                Pierce
                You are - again - right, and it looks there was sword device on ribbon bars.
                http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...34&postcount=1

Miro
                Last edited by Miro O; 12-24-2012, 10:32 AM.

Comment

It's not the letter "O". It's a placement registration mark used during the stamping process.

Comment

Originally posted by bolewts58 View Post
                    It's not the letter "O". It's a placement registration mark used during the stamping process.
                    No one said "O letter", I always used term "O" mark.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X