Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elefantenorden

Hi Guys!
    I have some problems determine the authenticity of this badge....i really don't know what to think.

Some ideas?

Kind Tommy
    Attached Files

Hi Tommy

This is an original Elephantorden, made from zinc/war-metal.

What are your concerns with it?

Kind regards
    Pierce

Comment

Hi Pierce!
      Well my concerns with it was the black "color" on it,are you sure it's made out of zinc? I am no expert but it doesn't look like zinc. Can it be patina? I know there is badges made out of zinc but aren`t they later made badges? I thought the ones with this needle was early ones? Am i wrong?

Kind regards Tommy

Comment

Unfortunately these are faked. Compare it to the club's website and Antique Beck. If it doesn't match theirs it could be good.
        pseudo-expert

Comment

Hi!

Well i compared it to the "club" and,and at least i dont think its one of those.But if you say the both ones Beck has in his shop are fakes...then its more difficult.The cheaper one he offers are a obvious fake but the one more expensive i thought was a good one?? Is that one a fake too??

Kind regards Tommy

Comment

My gut doesn't like that one.... detail doesn't look good, it's possibly cast.

Is this one offered on German eBay? I recently saw one by one more seller I can not recommend... might be this?
            sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

Hi!
              Yes from Ebay. So that seller is not to recommend buying from?
              And i know what you mean,it looks okay but in the same time it doesn't...the aging isent right.Its so black,would be fun holding it in hand,so you could examin it.

Kind Tommy

Comment

Just checked if it's the one I thought it were, and it is. Of course not all of his stuff is bad - but from the expensive ones, I haven't seen one by now I would want for my collection...

sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

Has he been added to the "Dealers to be aware of" thread?
                  pseudo-expert

Comment

Hi Tommy,

Is it possible to get a photo of the rim of the medal? And some close-ups of the lettering?

Kind regards
                    Pierce

Comment

Tommy

My 2 cents worth is that I very strongly believe that this has been chemically oxidized. It's far too even in the dark parts and I just don't think these badges ever oxidized like this.

Personally, I'd err on the side of caution and wait.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X