1813 EK2 Opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1813 EK2 Opinions please

Hi guys, I hope I posted this in the right section. Can I please get some opinions on this 1813 EK2? It appears to be an earlier version and not the traditional two part frame construction. Possibly four part?? The beaded portion appears to be soldered on seperately. The cross measures 39mm wide and the ribbon is the narrow version at 30mm wide. Any helpful comments would be appreciated!
    Attached Files

2 more pics:
    Attached Files

Comment

And 1 more...
      Attached Files

Comment

Now that's nice for a change!

In my opinion a very nice, very uncommon rare early original.
        Best regards,
        Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Nice.....

Comment

Early multi-piece frame. I like it

Comment

Sweet!
              An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

Stunning cross.

I'm in love...

Comment

...and very nice condition

regards kai

Comment

Very nice piece. I love the 1870 and even more 1813 crosses because they were awarded far more sparsely than their 1914 counterparts. How are you going to celebrate its 200th birthday? Take it out for a night on the town?

Regards,

Matthew

Comment

What a beauty! Wonder if it got the '2 piece core', it seems very thick.

Comment

Rare Reminder

The Cross oozes with quality manufacturing. It's in such extraordinarily good condition surviving through two centuries of wars and historical eras. Rarer then a sighting of Elvis and Napoleon.

Comment

Originally posted by Konigtiger View Post
                          Very nice piece. I love the 1870 and even more 1813 crosses because they were awarded far more sparsely than their 1914 counterparts. How are you going to celebrate its 200th birthday? Take it out for a night on the town?

Regards,

Matthew
                          Ha! Well actually I think I'm going to raise my glass and drink a toast while I gaze upon it and think about all the brave men who fought in that war and try to imagine what it must've been like. I might also thank Herr Schinkel for a design job well done (not to mention the contributions of King Wilhelm III himself, and his brother-in-law Prince Mecklenburg-Strelitz).

Thanks for all your great comments gentlemen! Much appreciated!

Kind regards,
                          Eric

Comment

Beautiful medal! As a student of the Napoleonic wars I would gladly give a limb for this type of medal! Sadly I shall have to wait until my course has finished and I get a proper job to afford such a thing... Although don't have much idea of the price (The last on I saw on sale was about £800 and that was about 5 years ago!) Glad to see they still exist in this condition and things like these keep me studying!

Comment

What a stunning piece!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X