Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Juncker Aviation Badges

Gents,

Just picked these gems up! I was hoping to get a on them being a wartime awarded type badge. I compared them to ones Previtiera shows as awarded types in his book and they compare nicely. But I have a lot to learn. I have Carsten's book on order! I'm just not interested in a 40's production or something late like that.

Appreciate the feedback!
    Nick
    Attached Files

pseudo-expert

Comment

Beautiful pieces Nick. Material?

Here's something I learned yesterday on another forum: even in the prewar period, Juncker sometimes used a CEJ mark under the crown on their sleeve insignia. Wonder if they ever marked these that way?

Photos + piece member Komtur:
      Attached Files
      Best regards,
      Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Both badges look textbook Juncker issued pieces to me. I would be very comfortable with both of them in my collection.

Outstanding pick-ups!!!

Dan

Comment

Thanks! No CEJ marking, though I am looking forward to getting Carsten's book soon and learning more. I believe they are NS.

Comment

Lovely badges Nick, a prize for anyone's collection

Here's something I learned yesterday on another forum: even in the prewar period, Juncker sometimes used a CEJ mark under the crown on their sleeve insignia. Wonder if they ever marked these that way?
            Thanks so much for sharing this information, I checked my small collection of Kaiser prizes and found three marked that way.....great stuff..

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Stewart View Post
              Thanks so much for sharing this information, I checked my small collection of Kaiser prizes and found three marked that way.....great stuff..
              Great Larry It's amazing, we never stop learning and discovering in this hobby.
              Best regards,
              Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Thanks again gents - I am really looking forward to reading Carsten's book. It will be under the tree for me if I am good

Comment

I think that both are probably WWI award badges and probably earlier than the plated steel types.

I am not convinced that the 800 marked Junker 2 piece types were not also award badges from earlier in the war and perhaps superceeded by these types around 1917 or so.

I will see what evidence Carsten presents, but the other two flight badge books released this year did not make a case for what was and what was not "awarded" IMO.

I am also very much convinced that many of the "cliche" type badges were post WWI up thru the 20s and 30s...so simply thinking that all cliche style badges are WWI period is incorrect.

For what it is worth I do believe that there is a traceable connection between the makers, markings (maker, die flaws and placement) metal type, contruction type and finish type (i.e. frosting) and the chronology of the badges. I guess that I am less positive on what exact types were award only and when.

Comment

I just want to thank everyone for their comments and help

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X