Attached Files

Comment

AND More
      Attached Files

Comment

Final
        Attached Files

Comment

Doesn't look like any type of known period made originals, ..........so must be an 'upgraded' 1914 ek2.

Comment

Definitely a 1914 ek2.

Comment

Looking at centre of core you can faintly make out what maybe the outline of the 1914 "W"

Comment

Originally posted by SCOTT G View Post
                Looking at centre of core you can faintly make out what maybe the outline of the 1914 "W"
                Quite possibly... But you dont need to look much further than the stem of the oakleaf to see its classic 1914 style.

Comment

I have this generic core with the 1914 cross marked S-W, so no doubts for me.

Comment

Hello,

in my opinion it's a copy, made using an Iron Cross of the 1914 type: the oakleaves in the centre are typical.

Again, I think that the careful study of valuable sources is important, especially with expensive pieces.

The book of Friedhelm Heyde on the EK (1813-1870-1914) from the Max Aurich collection is still valid even if published many years ago. It's wort its price, although quite expensive.

E.L.

Comment

It is Junk with a capital J

Best regards,
                      Michel

Comment

You can also spot the remnants of where the raised 1914 was prior to it being either filed off or acid etched removed.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X