A very bad ribbon bar!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A very bad ribbon bar!

Just a warning, this eBay bar is very wrong! Now, for a free lunch, WHY is it wrong??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT
    Last edited by stogieman; 05-03-2005, 04:42 PM.

My guess is the 1939 EK2 ribbon at the end.
    Imperial German Medalbars and Ribbonbars

Comment

Nope!

That's not an EK2 ribbon, it's a Prussian Colonial Service Medal.... there are issues here folks, who can pick them out???

Comment

Last edited by Rick Research; 10-24-2004, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Your Emminence.... Please!

... Rick Research is disqualified, he already gets a free lunch!

OK, here's a couple of clues....

Whoah! A Military Order of St. Henry Ribbon is in there.... this award could not be given to anyone other than a native of Saxony!!!

But! This is a pre-1934 ribbon bar and the Saxon Awards are preceded by Prussian Awards?????????

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Comment

Clue #2 !

Saxon Enlisted and officer awards.... OK, I'll buy that.....
            but on the same bar as Württemburg Enlisted and Officer awards????

Comment

No Hindenburg Cross = Pre-1934 manufacture.

Thus, shouldn't the Saxon decorations have precedence on the Prussian?

Comment

Last edited by Rick Research; 10-24-2004, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Research
                  And what ELSE is on there?
                  Hard to tell from orbit, but isn't number three a MMJO?

Comment

Most certainly not worth the E186.00 . . . someone's in for a big surprise

I've been watching the other bar though

Comment

OK, now that my eyes are all blurry trying to see that photo (actually they've been blurry since I turned 40), I can add this. Somewhere in the middle there is what appears to be a Hessian ribbon, which is followed by ribbons of the Friedrich Order and Military Merit Order of Wuerttemberg. First of all, these states are out of order of precedence. Secondly, I believe the MMO takes precedence over the Friedrich Order.

On the other hand, I could just be a blind old guy over 40.

Tim
                      "Gentlemen! You can't fight in here, this is the War Room!" - President Merkin Muffley

Comment

I have a question for the Ribbon experts as I am far from being one. Why is it not possible for a Saxon soldier to have Wurttenburg medals when you see other state combination of Imperial state medals? Thanks! Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Dunn
                          I have a question for the Ribbon experts as I am far from being one. Why is it not possible for a Saxon soldier to have Wurttenburg medals when you see other state combination of Imperial state medals? Thanks! Mike
                          I don't think that combination is a problem... But if that third ribbon is the Bavarian Military Max-Josef Order, which was only awarded to Bavarians. There's a problem with it being paired with the Saxon St. Henry, which was only awarded to Saxons.

Comment

Originally posted by landsknechte
                            I don't think that combination is a problem... But if that third ribbon is the Bavarian Military Max-Josef Order, which was only awarded to Bavarians. There's a problem with it being paired with the Saxon St. Henry, which was only awarded to Saxons.
                            I think, the ribbons represent the following medals and orders:
                            1. Ek1 1914 or Warrior Medal
                            2. HHZ Knight
                            3. MMJ???
                            4. Saxon Military St. Henry Medal (or Knight?mmmh...)
                            5. Albrecht-Order Knight with Swords
                            6. Saxon Friedrich-August medal
                            7. Hessian Bravery medal
                            8. Württemberg Friedrichs Order
                            9. Württemberg Silver Merit medal
                            10. Colonial Service medal

all the best,
                            Gerd

Comment

Shouldn´t the Friedrichs-Order sit in front of the Friedrich-August-Medal and the Hessen Bravery Medal?

And the Colonial-Medal should sit in front of the Other Medals(Hessian/Württemberg Bravery, Friedrich-August)?

And what the heck is Nr. 3 Max Joseph or Bravery Medal? I cannot recognize it...

all the best,
                              Gerd

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,823 at 04:29 PM on Today.

Working...
                              X