show your knocked German and Allied WW1 tank/panzer photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

show your knocked German and Allied WW1 tank/panzer photos

I have had so many different WW1 tank period photos and postcards in the past ten year or so, so I thought it might be nice to share these here as they come in .. please add your own photos to this thread ... Cheers, Torsten.
    Attached Files

Here's one I have. Don't know where it was taken, perhaps a beach in France? Painted on the side is Liesel.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by all1knew; 11-26-2012, 11:33 AM.
    Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Liesel was part of Abt 14 during the attack on Fort de la Pompelle on the 1st June 1918. After a successful attack Liesel slipped sideways into the French 3rd trench and had to be abandoned when the French counter attacked. It stayed there long after the war and was popular with tourists. The photo you have is a post war picture hence the lady standing nearby.

I only have the one photograph to contribute to this thread and I have just realised Torsten that it is the same vehicle as the one you posted.

Comment

sure is the same tank. your photo looks like it was taking shortly after the action ... a couple of bits had already gone amiss by the time my pic was taken ... Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X