Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

german ww1 pilot id please

hi
    I was hoping that somebody may have access to a book called jasta pilots ww1 ,
    i would like to find a pilots name who was in either jasta 3 or jasta 7 with the initails ML-R or MER
    regards chay
    Last edited by upbeek; 11-25-2012, 04:12 PM.

Comment

These are too few information for a certain identification.
      does his last name starts with an "R"?

Regards

Alex

Comment

Hi Alex

I have had a 3/4 lenght black leatgher jacket with brown sheepskin collar for about 12 years, and i realised on sunday just gone that it was infact a 1st world war german pilots coat,
        It was found in an old 50,s or 60,s bass drum here in england by a friend of mine who gave it to me as he thought i would like it,
        After realising what it was i checked the markings and there is a large imperial crown stamped in ink along with 3 bars also an ink stamped 3,
        The shoulder straps have had metal devices originally but are gone now but you can clearly see a gothic number 7 and also 3 bars impressed into the leather where they once were,
        This is making me think the jacket was jasta 7 but i know little about imperial germany, i will get some pics for you.
        There are initials sewn into the coat which read ML-R
        best regards chay

Comment

I don't think that the number 7 mention the Jasta 7. There are a lot of units including the number 7.
          If the device on the shoulder straps was an winged prop. than a agree with you that this jacket was for an member of the german air service. Further the 7 is for the "Flieger Ersatz Abteilung #7". This was a logistic and training unit.

i would say that is impossible to identify this person.

Regards

Alex

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files
                  Last edited by upbeek; 11-26-2012, 03:39 PM.

Comment

The pics are not the best but you may have a general idea from them , also the label in the back of the jacket where the 3 is stamped there is what looks like 3 smaller numbers writen by hand that possibly read 445

Comment

heres another image of an ink stamping i found on an identical jacket
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Alex
                        I was hoping that it may have been possible to identify but if it cant then it will remain mysterious
                        best regards chay

Comment

Here is a link to one that has recently sold on ebay
                          http://www.ebay.com/itm/221140219298

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X