Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on 2 Göde collections

hey there guys

I need a price advice on these 2 collections of Göde medals whit numbered certificates for all. the 2 collections is leftovers from a german famaly which imm a friend of, and the collection was from a german officer ( grandpar ) owner of DKIG,EK1,EK2,Nähkampfspange bronce, service medal and others but the 2 collections is not in my own intrest.
    The 2 collections : Deutsches Historische Schützen medals and Preussen etc.

thanks in advance

005.JPG

006.JPG

[ATTACH]2377479[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2377480[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]2377481[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2377482[/ATTACH]

Comment

hmmm, I would say,

you can weigh it and sell it fore the scrap medal price .

Comment

Originally posted by Montgomery Burns View Post
          hmmm, I would say,

you can weigh it and sell it fore the scrap medal price .

+ the price of wooden boxes. Those are fine...

Comment

indeed the boxes are usable .

but the reproduction medals are almost off no value fore the collector off originals .

so its not much off a treasure you got there Carsten135.

these are mostly sold on ebay,
            on ebay they got a community /forum I believe .

there would be a better place to ask .

regards kay

Comment

I think it is true. The wooden boxes are the best part of that collection. The pieces in the boxes.....not very popular. You can get such items from Göde for a few Euro on German markets.

Comment

The boxes are the best things there, would give EUR7 for both,

8 of the stars you can sharpen and make kung Fu throwing stars... the rest... even the metal is cheap alloy....

Comment

Yes. Keep the boxes and throw out the medals.

IMO Göde is the scourge of the collecting world and personally I hate seeing the stuff all the time up for sale. One wonders what type of loser collects these.

Comment

Originally posted by bolewts58 View Post
                    Yes. Keep the boxes and throw out the medals.

IMO Göde is the scourge of the collecting world and personally I hate seeing the stuff all the time up for sale. One wonders what type of loser collects these.

They Prey on pld people... who think they are inversting in something of value.

An old man in the wifes family signed the contract to collect these then they first came out, and another set of something else... you got one a month.

I was in the area of the Göde company HQ and went over to bang on the table to get them to cancel.

To be fair to them... they just make trinkets and sell them... it it the foolish or old and feeble that buy them that are the silly ones.

Comment

Preying on the old..... So, Chris, Did you get yout money back?????
                      pseudo-expert

Comment

Holly, s**t, it's a subscription thing, like "book of the month"? I thought they sell these as souveniers somewhere, but this is even worse. I also hate seeing this copy crap on ebay all the time, in heaps, in WW1 section! I wouldn't care if they'd put them in NATO or PEZ section.

Comment

Originally posted by Don D. View Post
                          Preying on the old..... So, Chris, Did you get yout money back?????
                          Hi,

He had only recieved a couple of the things, so we agreed they would simply cancel the subscription, was no big deal, they are overpriced for what they are, but as I said, its not the company that is bad...

http://www.muenzkontor.de/

.....Their latest things are coins with the pope.... its just made to collect crp like the "Franklin Mint" in the US.

http://www.franklinmint.com/

Just wasting money on trinkets...

Comment

Perhaps if someone knows anyone at German eBay, they could be persuaded to open a new section just for Göde items. There certainly are enough of them on the market to warrant being separate, and it would clean up the WWI section, leaving room just for all those fake PLMs, Grand Cross EKs and Sturmbaon badges.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X