Unmarked EK2 with award doc - opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unmarked EK2 with award doc - opinions please

I'd like your opinions about this unmarked cross, guys. Does anyone recognize the core and/or frame? It looks like a wide frame to me. Could it be an AWS?

Any feedback on the award document would also be appreciated. Thanks.

Best, Alex

I think it is nice genuine cross, but surely not AWS/Juncker wideframe. This one has interesting claws in the inner corners of the frame, not typical for AWS. I saw such claws only on outer corners of Souval EKs 1939. I would be happy with this piece, for sure.

PS: In my humble knowledge, AWS used three specific cores for their 1914 EKs, not generic pieces as this one. So it is better to learn the AWS cores than to buy every wider frame with the hope it is AWS.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=496092&page=3

Miro

Comment

Thanks for your feedback, Miro.

Best,

Alex

Comment

Happy to help, Alex. I believe it was good advice, because it was the way how I found my AWS/Juncker wideframe EK2. Posted here on GMIC http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/56...g/#entry518801

PS: Note that small ring is always attached to the small semicircle on the frame, it is very disctinctive feature which helps to identificate AWS/Juncker.

Comment

Originally posted by Miro O View Post
          Note that small ring is always attached to the small semicircle on the frame, it is very disctinctive feature which helps to identificate AWS/Juncker.
          It's often referred as a 'hump', esp some high end makers in 1939 got 'em, Juncker was one. Found on a few 1914 EK's too. It strengthens the frame where the jumpring was attached.

No idea of maker of yours Alex but it's a very nice one.

Comment

Yes, that "hump" can be seen on some jubilee 1870ers as well. That´s why it is only help in identifying AWS/Juncker. If there is hump on EK, it doesn´t mean it is AWS. But when there isn´t hump, it surely means it is not AWS.
            Last edited by Miro O; 11-24-2012, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Miro O View Post
              If there is hump on EK, it doesn´t mean it is AWS. But when there isn´t hump, it surely means it is not AWS.
              Best regards,
              Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X