Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anhalt Single Bar Friedrich Cross

Hi Friends,

I'm very happy about this nice single bar.
    Any comments? Something wrong?
    IMO everything should be ok.

regards kai

Nice single bar. I watched it until the last minute and wanted to bid, but current financial situation dictates otherwise. Congratulations on your purchase, don't see many single bars with makers label either

Comment

hi

thanks for your comment.
      imo it's a serious bar because I believe
      the ic 2 was a requirement for the awardment
      of the Friedrich Cross.
      So in general he had at least a 2 medal bar (IC + this cross)
      What is your opinion for the reason for such a single bar?

regards kai

Comment

Originally posted by gen_key View Post
        What is your opinion for the reason for such a single bar?
        Maybe he wore his EK2 in the buttonhole? Or he indeed had none, which I don't think can be excluded.

Off one, nice one, would have bought it, too....
        sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

Or perhaps it was so they could pin it on him during an award ceremony???
          pseudo-expert

Comment

You mean - awarded like this? Don't think so...
            sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

How would they have been awarded? I know EK2s came with a safety pin to pin it to a uniform. Anyone have presentation ceremony pics for other state awards?
              pseudo-expert

Comment

A lovely single place medal bar!

Pierce

Comment

At 80 Euros it sold at a very, very reasonable price indeed, congratulations!

I snoozed and forgot to bid on the piece.

I am always dumbfounded by sellers on eBay in the USA & Germany who don't post more than one photo of an item. These sellers really short themselves by not showing a reverse side photo of their items, as was the case with this single mount medal, which probably would have brought more Euros if they only showed a photo of the backside...

And I'm always surprised at the huge gap in what something like this sells for on eBay.de, compared to what an Un-Mounted example of this Anhalt Friedrich Cross is listed for on other eBay.de auctions With and Without a ribbon, and on the reputable German dealer websites. This example sold for 80 Euros, and unmounted examples list for up to 125 Euros on German dealer websites. That's a Huge difference.

If someone is patient, and willing to tread the waters of eBAy, one can certainly come up with some real gems hidden among all the overpriced listings, and the fakes.

Congratulations once again on such a fine purchase!

All the Best,

Alan Schaefer

Comment

Hi Friends!

Thanks for all your comments and congratulations. when you all watched out aswell, so it was a big luck to me otherwise I believe I had to pay much more yes luckily the photos were bad. that was surely good for me. I also wondered that I purchased as cheap. but when you have much bad luck, you also gain luck too, sometimes
                    the dealers prices are not moderate. Up to 125€? no way but you are right, sometimes good pieces go for low prices on german ebay. And mostly I see when it's over too

regards kai

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X