Some WW1 German snaildrums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some WW1 German snaildrums

Drummagazines for the Luger P08 have been on my wish list for a long time. Who doesn’t want one of these?
    Several years ago, I managed to find both models and also the adaptor for the Bergmann submachinegun together with a dust cover and a loading tool… How cool was that!
    Just within a few weeks it got even better… I was able to acquire a snaildrum carrier in unused condition…
    So far, so good one would think, but no… things got even better a few months ago… One of the rarest snaildrums got tangeled in my little web… a snaildrum magazine for the Mondragón Fliegerselbstlader Karabiner 1915…

The Mondragon M1908 was the first automatic rifle and was designed by the Mexican general Manuel Mondragón. The manufacture was outsourced to SIG in Switzerland and the gun was used as the Fusil Porfirio Diaz Systema Mondragón Modelo 1908.
    In 1914 Germany bought SIG's entire stock of the Mondragón rifle. The rifle was found unsatisfactory for infantry use in trench warfare conditions. In 1915 it was issued to aviation crews with a new 30-round magazine (instead of the original 20-round) as the Fliegerselbstlader Karabiner 1915 (Flier's Selfloading Carbine model 1915), until sufficient numbers of machineguns were available. Only few of these rifles survive.

Adler

hmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by Adler 1 View Post
      hmmm...
      Wow Adler
      Incredible, you need a Bergmann M18 now and thank you for introducing me to a weapon I didn't know existed.
      One of my chums at a gig.

Eric
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Adler 1 View Post
        hmmm...
        The photos are so large that no one can see them. Maybe this is one reason you have few replies
        Best regards,
        Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Thanks for the comments gentlemen!
          Eric, that's a nice Bergmann contribution!

The photos are so large that no one can see them. Maybe this is one reason you have few replies
          Probably you are right... I'll try to make them smaller next time. On other forums they are the right size, maybe they resize automaticly?

Adler

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X