EK1 for evaluation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK1 for evaluation

I got this EK1, unmarked. The core is unfortunately broken, I think someone tried to bend it. I searched thru several posts, but can't find the maker. Any help appreciated!
    Attached Files

additional photos...
    Attached Files

Comment

Honestly I'm a little bit sceptic...

Comment

It looks like an uncommon original. I think this may be one of the genuine slightly vaulted cast iron core examples. I have seen the core and the hardware before but I'm away from my collection so I can't say if I have one like this.

Regards
        Mike
        Regards
        Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Gentlemen,
          thank you for your comments! Max, can you please explain what concerns you see? I'd like to learn more about this piece.

Regards, valter

Comment

I'm with Mike here. Seems to be a cast, vaulted & painted core. Don't think someone tried to hand vault it, cracks comes from tensions in the cast Iron. Imo a period EKI.

Comment

Thank you Roglebk!

Comment

I like it.
                It shows lot of character.

Comment

Thanks Greg, I like the character and burden of the years it shows too!

Comment

Is there a circular mark anywhere on the reverse? I have one similar I think... Same hinge plate anyway. It's got a mark similar to the square punch maker except its a circle.

Comment

I didn't find any makers marks, but the catch is suppressed so I can't open the pin. I don't dare to use plyers or any other tool. I'll look again when I come home.

Comment

After careful examination - no markings.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X