No announcement yet.

Austro-Hungarian U-boat badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and here is a comparison photo composition with few badges, of which the last one is awarded to the grandfather of Axishistory forum member http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=109658

I have put some circles around few places with different details, and also a clear photo so everyone who wish so can inspect closely without being disturbed by my notes.
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

OK, let's go one step further and try to collect all known originals from Internet.
        I am sure there are others, but I cannot find them on first sight ;-)
        Attached Files
        Last edited by amiklic1; 11-05-2012, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

-----
            Attached Files

Comment

I am really surprisedd that noone wants to contribute in this thread.

I know that Austrian and imperial collectors are really few comapred to TR, but anyway ;-)

C'mon guys, there must be someone who knows something about these beauties

Comment

Hello,

I regret to say that the Imperial Austrian U-Boot badge that started this interesting discussion is a modern copy, produced by messrs. Horvath of Budapest.

They started to produce this and other Imperial Austrian badges, in the early 90s. They used to sell them as copies, but it happened that some "creatives" among the further owners of such specimens, re-sold their ones as originals (especially the Feldpilotenabzeichen and the other Fliegerabzeichen).

Best wishes,

E.L.

Comment

Originally posted by amiklic1 View Post
                  I am really surprisedd that no one wants to contribute in this thread.

I know that Austrian and imperial collectors are really few compared to TR, but anyway ;-)

C'mon guys, there must be someone who knows something about these beauties
                  I have been collecting Austrian items for over thirty years and have never even seen one of these for sale here in the States. All I have managed to find regarding the Austrian navy is two brass cap badges, one for an enlisted man and one for an NCO. One has the FJ1 cypher and the other that of Karl. So, I don't think it is a surprise that no one has added to this thread. There just isn't anyone here with any experience with these.

Regards,
                  Chip

Comment

Oh, well...

a good thing with Internet is that news can come from any corner of this globe.

Few replies don't imply that there are few collectors of Imperial Austrian Orders, Decorations & Militaria in the U.S.A.

In this Forum I see people from both sides of the Atlantic (and, maybe, the Pacific) Ocean.

It's true that, compared to Germany (Empire and III Reich), Austria is generally less collected (too few books on the subject written in English I suspect).

It could sound unbelievable, but when I go to auctions, almost all Austrian items, both expensive and cheap are usually sold...

Perhaps, most collectors of Imperial Austrian items are just a little shy...

All the best,

E.L.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X