Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alsen/Königsgratz/1870-71 bar

Hi Everyone

With the high prices on TR stuff my interests are beginning to change. Last week I aquired this medal bar and would like to hear what the experts has to say. All except the 1870/71 medal has the same very nice gilding to them but what strikes me is that, from what I know, all the medals are award pieces because of the striped eyelet but the Alsenkreuz is privately purchased? Other than that I quite fond of it, is there any reason not to be?

Please let me know your opinion

KR, Thomas
    Attached Files

A nice looking bar Thomas. Is the 1870/1 medal magnetic?
    pseudo-expert

Comment

the alsencross is a spangenstück

Comment

Don: Thanks and yes its magnetic!

römischIX: Thanks, but why three awardpieces and one spangestück?

Kr, thomas

Comment

sometimes you find them together nothing serious.

nice bar.

i had 2 of them.

the 70s medal is the non combattant version made of steel on combattant ribbon.

some of the medals were private gilded. (it was not allowed, but it looked better)

Comment

Very nice bar. What is the price range of such a bar?

Best regards,
            Michel

Comment

Lovely medal bar.

Pierce

Comment

Nice early bar

Comment

These are the type of bars I love! These older ones are harder to find for me. Here is one gem from my collection - it came with all four documents! Our guys might have crossed paths.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Very nice bar Thomas

Comment

Magnificent bar Thomas There were only two things I considered bidding on in that auction, and this was one. Congratulations on a fine piece.

Interesting that this fellow seems to have sat out the war with Austria in 1866, then returned against France in a non-combatant capacity.

I think this has been said but I wanted to reiterate: the 1870/71 piece is not gilded because it is steel for non-combatants. There were very complicated (to me) regulations about who received precisely which medal, and which ribbon (combatant or non-combatant) the medal was meant to be worn on. I'm sure someone here can tell you what this combination (non-com medal on com ribbon) means.
                      Best regards,
                      Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Lovely bar!

The 1870 medal in steel on combatant ribbon went to active military that stayed "at home", while the steel medal on non-combatant ribbon was mainely given to non-military persons that went to France.
                        sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

Thanks for all the great info guys, can't say how much I appriciate it

One last question, why is there a difference in the shape of the ribbonplate between mine and the one CRBeery posted?

Michel: I paid 205 Euros for it.

CRBeery: Thanks for posting that great medal bar, can you post bigger pics? Is the document from the danish campaign? Let me know if you ever wanna trade or sell this group, because I'm danish I'll pay more than anyone else for this bar as it had severe consequences for us (we lost 25% of our territory, our own fault but still...).

Kr, Thomas

Comment

... now here`s one of mine.

ek2 1870 with godet core, x-tremely rare düppel cross on non combattant ribbon + non combattant 1866 cross, 1870/71 medal on combattant ribbon and
                            the missing one is the x-tremely rare 1864 medal for non-combattants.

the recipient must have been an military doctor.

the ek2 1870 on non combattant ribbon was only awarded about ~ 4000
                            the 66 cross about ~ 1600 and some say the 1864 düppel cross less than 1000

the ribbons were stiched over a paper carton - it hung in a picture frame.
                            the family could rescue it with some other items as the leaved germany in the 30s
                            it were jews and they emigrated to US.

Attached Files

Comment

Very nice bars here, gentlemen! I'm adding my humble collection of earlier bars and medals, including Dueppel cross on reserve troops ribbon (or what remained of it).
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X