Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pilots Badge?

Hi,

This is another of the group of items I picked up. I was told it is some sort of pilots badge but I am not sure what it is. The badge has two holes in it which I assume is something to do with casting and it is hollow. Any help with identification as to what it is and if it is genuine would be a great help.

Regards

Steve
    Attached Files

Here is the rear of the same.
    Attached Files

Comment

Any help will be appreciated even if they are only opinions, what is this badge? I have seen other pilot badges in this forum and they are different.

Regards

Steve

Comment

This was the Prussian "retirement" badge given to disabled pilots who could no longer fulfill normal flying duties. The official title was the Commemorative Pilot Badge. There was a matching version from Bavaria (with Bavarian rather than Prussian crown).

Comment

Hi Ager,

Thanks for the information, if this is a retirement and commemorative badge is it a post WW1 badge or would they have also been issued during WW1.

Regards

Steve

Comment

The badge was established by the Kaiser in January 1914 and they continued to be passed out into the early 1920s (late recipients may have just gotten an entitlement and had to buy the badge themselves).

Comment

Hi Ager,

Thanks again, the information is greatly appreciated. I am posting a pic of the makers mark to try and obtain information your opinion on that would be great.

Regards

Steve

Comment

Nice one...

... based on the photos, I would say your badge was made in the 1920's by Paul Meybauer and is authentic.

Comment

Pilots Badge

Hi Rick,

Thanks for sharing your knowledge, I was starting to despair that I would not find out much more about this badge. I had not seen a Maybauer mark on an badge although I had searched the forum and only had a picture off Bill Kaisers website to go by so was somewhat flummoxed.

Thanks also to Ager, Mike and Brian for your help in determining what this item is.

Regards

Steve

Comment

Steve,

What are the measurements of your badge?

Thanks,

Yuri

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                    X