Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ek1 mm 925?

Hey fellow collectors!
    I bought this some time ago and was thinking if anybody can identify the maker and ofcourse verify if it's genuine?
    It is a three piece construction, with magnetic core, marked 925.
    What do you think?

/SimonT
    Attached Files

good
    no identifying possible

Comment

Looks like AWS/Juncker third core...

Comment

The title suggests the 925 mark is the maker mark, but it is a silver content mark for the frame, in this case 925 out of a total of 1000, a high silver content.

Comment

Yes, a definite AWS core. AWS were probably the most common Imperial user of the 925 marking, so whenever you see that marking AWS are a good place to start for comparisons.

Pity the screwdisc is missing as the separate nut was sometimes stamped with the AWS logo.

Regards
          Mike
          Regards
          Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Lovely AWS/Juncker, will not be easy to find a correct disc.

Some reading about those beauties, they were made for a looong time and in lots of versions:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=496092

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=396436

Comment

Like this?
              Attached Files
              pseudo-expert

Comment

or this----
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks alot for the help.
                  Good to know that it atleast is genuine I do have the screwdisc but sadly the nut is missing.

I get that this is a quite common piece, I do have another EK1 marked KAG and i was wondering wich of these two pieces is the least common?

Thanks!

Comment

AWS/Juncker is not that common. Mike said AWS "was the most common Imperial user of the 925 marking" , not "was the most common maker of Imperial crosses".

Comment

Originally posted by SimonT View Post
                      Thanks alot for the help.
                      Good to know that it atleast is genuine I do have the screwdisc but sadly the nut is missing.

I get that this is a quite common piece, I do have another EK1 marked KAG and i was wondering wich of these two pieces is the least common?

Thanks!
                      AWS is not really common as Miro has said. They produce a few different variants such as the pillowback that Greg shows. Those are less common, and the pillowback/screwback variant shown here is not easy to find. As for KAG, they are among the most common of both EK1 and EK2. Maybe second only to KO. Still nice, and a must for any collection.

Comment

Nice one. The nut will be almost impossible to find.
                        Attached Files
                        Best regards,
                        Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X