What is this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this.

I just found this group of minature medals of WW1/2 vintage, that belonged to a kriegsmarine vet. Can anyone tell me what it is and identify the medals on the chain. Is this worth anything or is it more of sentimental value. Many thanks Jacques
    Attached Files

Hi Jacques

This is a beautiful mini-chain and certainly worth something!

The decorations:

Iron Cross
    Hanseatic Cross
    Crown Order
    Landwehr Decoration for 20yrs service
    China Medal (steel)
    Hesse Philip Order
    Honour Cross for non-combatants
    Siam Order of the Crown

Who was the Kriegsmarine Officer?

Kind regards
    Pierce

Comment

Very nice chain, Jacques!

Kind regards, Peter

Comment

Very nice chain with some not so common stuff. The KO4 mini alone usually goes for around 70€ and the PO will be more, do not break it up though.

Comment

Originally posted by Roglebk View Post
          Very nice chain with some not so common stuff. The KO4 mini alone usually goes for around 70€ and the PO will be more, do not break it up though.
          Thanx for the feedback guys, way out of my depth here. Carl what is the KO4 and PO? Pierce I am still trying to get the guys name. The family still has the full medal bar of the chain. Jacques

Comment

KO4 = Crown Order 4. Class
            PO = Phillip Order
            Best regards,
            Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
              Carl what is the KO4 and PO? Pierce I am still trying to get the guys name. The family still has the full medal bar of the chain. Jacques
              Sorry Jacques, sometimes use abbreviations too much. Not even sure PO is the right one for Order of Philip the Magnanimous Would be very nice if you could reunite the bar with chain, they should stay together. If he can be named the value goes up too of course. Too bad many break up the chains as the individual orders sometimes sell for more than the whole chain.

Comment

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
                Pierce I am still trying to get the guys name. The family still has the full medal bar of the chain. Jacques
                Hi Jacques

It would be great to see the medal bar if photos are available. At least here in this thread they will remain "united".

Kind regards
                Pierce

Comment

Love to see the reverse side of this mini medal chain. I agree would be nice to see the chain and medal bar stay together along with any and all info of the receipient. It seems as time goes by interest in keeping medals etc fades and grand children and great grand children aren't interested in family past

Comment

Thanx for the info guys. jacques

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X