Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mauser Bayonet 98/05 with arabic(?) inscription

Hey guys,
    I bought this nice Mauser short bayonet 98/05 with saw-blade. What puzzles me a little is the inscription on the top of the handle. Are these arabic letters?
    I know germans equipped the Ottoman empire with weapons.
    Did anyone of you see such inscriptions before?

Some pics:

Possibly Dari - Modern Persian spoken all over Afghanistan, the turks sold large numbers of their German made weaponry to them. Very many were brought back when Nato started to visit.

Jess

Comment

Hello PanzerA7V,
      the Turkish-Ottoman inscription is a arabic number used on all middle east; I don't have sure feedback above the 2nd number, like < , it could be a number 2

۷۲۹۹ = 8299

Probably the new registration number punched when the bayo + rifles they arrived on "half moon empire"

Sorry for that poor info.

Guten Abend

Mfg aus Italien
      Last edited by Gew44; 10-19-2012, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Thank you for your answers so far. Is there a possibility to specify the time when the Ottomans sold this bayo(if they did so)? Do you know if there are any pics of bayos with similar inscriptions?

Comment

During the WWI germay sold many and many Mauser Gewehr98 to Ottomans Empire. That is probably a short version of normal bayo, I think for Karabine Mod. 1905.

About the pics I will make a little search on my DB.... if I have I sharing for sure.

Thats all at tis moment, I know not is so much.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X