Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KMST 800 DRGM "Mousetrap" EKI

Good evening Gents,

I usually hang out here in the TR Forums as I'm primarily a Wehrmacht collector, but wanted to run this by you all for some opinions. I was given this last night as part of a trade deal and based on my comparisons to the very few examples posted here it looks good. As I'm not very familiar with these crosses sporting exotic hardware I wanted to solicit the opinions of the Imperial EK experts. I plan on putting this on the E-stand and thought it prudent to get some comments up front so I thank you in advance for your time in looking at it and providing any feedback.

The friend I worked the trade with got this cross yesterday out of antique shop in Baltimore, MD.

Have a good evening!

Bob
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Waffenreich; 10-18-2012, 10:14 PM. Reason: ..

Attached Files

Comment

That is a nice original cross. I don't see any issues with it.

It's not really the "mousetrap" . The mousetrap was also made
      by KMST but with a different attachment system.

This picture is from our database thread.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Greg, appreciate the feedback. I realized after I posted it that I misidentified it.

Thanks again!

Bob

Comment

I agree, a nice original. It's interesting, I always thought this one was called the Mousetrap. Guess I've been using the wrong terminology.

In this condition your cross should bring about $500-750. There's a bit of paint loss and the beading is worn down considerably, but the hardware is all there and appears to function correctly. Examples in excellent condition routinely sell for $1200 these days, and one in superior (near mint) condition brought $1500 recently.
          Best regards,
          Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

I think Herr Niemann used to refer to the GregM cross as the mousetrap. I always thought of the standard one as the ratchet, with the lamer, least expenisve version as the safety pin. I never did get any of them... Every chance slipped through my grasping fingers. I missed a ratchet for 600DM! Passed out waiting to bid if memory serves. Passed on a safety pin for about 120 DM due to dimness. I've kept missing them all the way up to about 600 €... Which is where I just started looking at pics.

Comment

Gentlemen,

I appreciate all of the feedback on condition and value! From my experience with TR militaria I can relate to the condition and value connection.

The cross sold for $1,000 today to an Imperial collector here on the Forum who had the opportunity to see it in hand. He's very happy with his purchase and I'm extremely pleased it went to somebody who appreciates it as he does.

Thanks again and good hunting!

Bob

Originally posted by streptile View Post
              I agree, a nice original. It's interesting, I always thought this one was called the Mousetrap. Guess I've been using the wrong terminology.

In this condition your cross should bring about $500-750. There's a bit of paint loss and the beading is worn down considerably, but the hardware is all there and appears to function correctly. Examples in excellent condition routinely sell for $1200 these days, and one in superior (near mint) condition brought $1500 recently.

Comment

Congrats Bob, that's a very good price for a lovely piece.
                Best regards,
                Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X