Ribbon question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribbon question

I was told this is a 1813-ribbon but I'm not familiar with older ribbons so my question is if there is any way of telling whether this is a 1813,1870 or 1914-ribbon and when it was made approximately?

The outer white strips are 2 mm, the black lines are 7 mm and the inner white is 14,5 mm, making the total width 32,5 mm.

Count the horizontal thread, how many on 30mm length?

Comment

Hi Carl,
      Impossible to count the black ones but the middle white is 14,5 mm and have 50 threads so 29 mm will be 100. So 30 mm of this ribbon will have about 103-105 threads.

/Peter (the math magician)

Comment

And 46 vertically

Comment

Sorry, made u count the warp (vertical) but was meaning the weave (Horizontal). 46 weave on 30mm is very good news at least when it comes to originality.

The few '1813 combat' seen all have more or less loss/wear of white/silver so the black weave is visible underneath. On a non com the weave is white of course so it should be opposite, wear on black shows white under.

The "sheen" seen on older ribbons is not visible in this one and it looks in too good condition to be a 1813 at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Roglebk View Post
            Sorry, made u count the warp (vertical) but was meaning the weave (Horizontal). 46 weave on 30mm is very good news at least when it comes to originality.

The few '1813 combat' seen all have more or less loss/wear of white/silver so the black weave is visible underneath. On a non com the weave is white of course so it should be opposite, wear on black shows white under.

The "sheen" seen on older ribbons is not visible in this one and it looks in too good condition to be a 1813 at least.
            Late a night I realised that you meant the other way.

But I know what you mean about the wear. I have a ribbon bar that shows a little white under black.

So I wasnt counting on this ribbon to be 1813, I assumed it was ww1-era but I thought I would ask for opinions here anyway.

Thanks for your answers Carl.

I have seen a comparesent picture posted here at WAF some time ago about different EK-ribbons but I cant find it.
            If someone have that pic or know where it is please post it here or pm me. I´m very interested in seeing that pic again.
            /peter
            Last edited by VonPeter; 10-19-2012, 03:54 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X