Kaiser Wilhelm I's orders - question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kaiser Wilhelm I's orders - question

Hello, everytime i see kaiser wilhelm I painting, i see he's wearing 2 sash orders on his belt
    Is there anyone know what's these sash orders is? And why only kaiser Wilhelm I wore it? I never see this kind of award arrangement in other monarchs in prussia (e.g friedrich III or wilhelm II). Is this a special regulation award for wilhelm I?
    Thank you in advance.

I'm not aware if there was a special regulation, but the yellow/orange sash from his left shoulder is the one of Prussia's Order of the Black Eagle, while the other sash (of which I'm just seeing the end and cross) is the Russian Order of George, Imperial Russia's most important military award.

It may be their importance that made him wear both... ?!
    sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

Originally posted by saschaw View Post
      I'm not aware if there was a special regulation, but the yellow/orange sash from his left shoulder is the one of Prussia's Order of the Black Eagle, while the other sash (of which I'm just seeing the end and cross) is the Russian Order of George, Imperial Russia's most important military award.

It may be their importance that made him wear both... ?!
      Thank you saschaw.
      Maybe the other sash order wilhelm worn is the austrian award? Could it be he start to wore both russian and austrian orders during the 3 emperor league?

Comment

What other sash? He's wearing two sashes (or at leasst: sash badges), one Prussian and one Russian, as explained.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by saschaw View Post
          What other sash? He's wearing two sashes (or at leasst: sash badges), one Prussian and one Russian, as explained.
          So is the red-black sash on the waist sash is prussian award too?

Wasn't the prussian shoulder sash worn on the right shoulder?

Here's the BW painting, you can see he's wearing 2 sash orders attached on his waist sash.

And do you know what the other order is?

Comment

Ah, now I see...

The picture is a bit too small... is that another order behind the Russian order of St. George, or is it something else?

Maybe another Russian - or an Austrian - order. Unlikely to be something Prussian.

If it is red-black, I could imagine it's Russian order of St. Wladimir...
            sigpic

Comment

Hmm i wonder why wilhelm wore 2 russian orders. Is there any connection with his napoleonic war service? Or is he have a warm relationship with russia at that time...?
              Anyway thank you sascha.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X