My first medal bar, 5-place!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first medal bar, 5-place!

I got this from a fellow forum member whom I now consider to be a friend for how well he treated me in the long process of procuring this treasure! Thanks again!

I can also call him nasty names for infecting me with a hunger for there imperial bars!

The ribbons are a little worn, but the patina on the medals is to die for! There is some wonderful rainbowing effect on the silver. I have to wait to get some proper daylight shots, but I hope this one does it justice for now:

There was also a neat little surprise under the backing, look like some ribbon scraps were put to good use!

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do

-Todd

medal bar

Very nice.

Comment

Bravo!

Nice looking bar and you can't start wrong with that combination.

William Kramer
      Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

TOO RIGHT THEY ARE ADDICTIVE
        NICE BAR THOUGH WELL DONE

Comment

Very nice bar! Patina and worn ribbons just add the spirit!
          I too noticed quite often that ribbons scraps are used for padding these bars.

Comment

Comment

Very good start...... and so pretty.

Bravo.

Comment

Way to go, Todd! Very nice indeed. Congrats.

Best,

Alex

Comment

A nice way to start collecting bars.
                  pseudo-expert

Comment

Thank you very much for the kind words everyone! It really does mean a lot, especially when most of your friends go when they see my collection.

In the past few months I've gone from no imperial items to a pleasant little display! I'm so happy I decided to take the plunge!

I'm finally going to finish a US WWI uniform/gear set up I've been working on for a long time too. I was on a very long dry spell but I think I'm finally back in the game!

Comment

Very neat bar, congratulations Finally welcome to the Imperial forum + hobby.

Originally posted by Valter Gorenc
                      Very nice bar! Patina and worn ribbons just add the spirit! I too noticed quite often that ribbons scraps are used for padding these bars.
                      So the ribbon scraps are there to keep the displayed ribbons from ripping on the metal edge? Interesting.
                      Best regards,
                      Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

VERY nice bar!

Comment

You have nothing to apologize with this bar. VERY NICE!

Comment

Congrats! Great start! Beware, collecting bars is addictive!

Comment

I'm already looking at a few others, but I have a very large limitation... my budget!

I've already learned so much from this forum and there is still a long way to go, but at least I can pick out the the obvious stuff. I know I'll still need my forum buddies to bail me out though!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X