Gold Austrian Bravery Medal ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gold Austrian Bravery Medal ?

I picked up this grouping today and was wondering if this could possibly be a Gold Austrian Bravery medal? Also, what is the significance of the bar runing across the ribbon?

Thoughts and comments on all three appreciated.

Thanks
    Pat
    Attached Files

Always nice to see a young FJ, bloody impressive sideburns. Bar means it was awarded twice i think. Could possible be a Bronze (or Silver) too considering the wear?
    Last edited by Roglebk; 09-27-2012, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Roglebk View Post
      Always nice to see a young FJ, bloody impressive sideburns. Bar means it was awarded twice i think. Could possible be a Bronze (or Silver) too considering the wear?
      The bravery-medal cannot be a golden one (to small) and from Your pics IMO it is also not a wartime-piece (no "designer"-name beyond the portrait of Franz Joseph I.). That doesn't mean it's a copy, it maybe was bought after the war on the free market. The bar indeed means that it was awarded twice.

The "Kaiser-Karl-Truppenkreuz" and the "Frontkämpfer-Ehrenkreuz" (on Austrian trifold-ribbon) are ok too.

Kind regards, Peter

Comment

Sorry for the bad photos. I was rushing to get them posted before I had dinner!

Here are some more.

Thanks
        Pat
        Attached Files

Comment

This little set also came with this.

Thanks
          Pat
          Attached Files

Comment

Last pics are "Notgeld" from a village in Upper Austria.

Kind regards, Peter

Comment

Originally posted by peterm View Post
              Last pics are "Notgeld" from a village in Upper Austria.

Kind regards, Peter

What is the Heller to Euro to Dollar conversion rate now....maybe I am rich ???

Comment

Hallo pdawg1911,
                from pics it's not appear golden made, have it mm on medal border ?

No "designer"-name beyond the portrait of "Franz Joseph Ist" because is private factory made.

Congratulations also for uncommon "Legitimation" or "Spange zur wiederholte Verleihung."

Only for curiosity, the back of Spange (close to one of the stitching holes) has a few brand?

Of course, no problem if there was not presents, just a curiosity, whose most famous was the note "J. Zimbler" in Wien.

A massive thanks to all

Regards

Gew44

Comment

Originally posted by pdawg1911 View Post
                  What is the Heller to Euro to Dollar conversion rate now....maybe I am rich ???
                  Yes 2/3 dollars...... you can buy a large BKing meal....

Comment

Originally posted by Gew44 View Post
                    Hallo pdawg1911,
                    from pics it's not appear golden made, have it mm on medal border ?

No "designer"-name beyond the portrait of "Franz Joseph Ist" because is private factory made.

Congratulations also for uncommon "Legitimation" or "Spange zur wiederholte Verleihung."

Only for curiosity, the back of Spange (close to one of the stitching holes) has a few brand?

Of course, no problem if there was not presents, just a curiosity, whose most famous was the note "J. Zimbler" in Wien.

A massive thanks to all

Regards

Gew44

It does have a MM on the border, and here is the picture of the back of Spange area that shows the stitching.

Thanks
                    Pat
                    Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X