Unusual Red (Maroon) colored case and '14 EK1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unusual Red (Maroon) colored case and '14 EK1

Is this unusual to find a maroon colored case for the 1914 EK1? Is the cross a cheaper choice without a maker's stamp? A friend that doesn't collect German crosses will sell it to me for $200. Is that reasonable or a heck of a deal? Thanks for your help. Brian
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Post this in Imperial and you will suddenly have many new friends...

Comment

Would the moderator please help move this thread

Great suggestion! Moderator...can you help to move this thread to the imperial forum? Thanks, Brian

Comment

$200 is a very good price for this set -- not quite a steal, but definitely under value. The cross alone is worth about $250 in my opinion. The maker is unknown and it's a nice private purchase cross. Not a cheap replacement but a high-quality real-silver deal.

I bet the case was not originally meant to house an EK1, and was converted. Is there anything on the lid of the case?
            Best regards,
            Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

thanks

Thanks, Streptile, There is nothing on the lid. Nothing on the case anywhere. I really appreciate your comment. Brian

Comment

Imo an original EK1 with a generic slant W core. Imo it is not original to the case as the fit appears to be extremely poor. A nice original case though.

Regards
                Mike
                Regards
                Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Agree with both Trevor and Kenny. Nice 'slanted-W core' cross and a period case that has been converted to house a EKI. Price is really good.

Comment

Carl,

I think the case is probably an original private purchase case for an EK1 as the insert does not looked messed with (hard to be 100% sure without pulling it apart though - not recommended!!). I just don't think the cross is the original cross for the case.

Regards
                    Mike

PS: my first name is MIKE
                    Regards
                    Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X