1813 EK2 opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1813 EK2 opinions

Well, I would love to get one someday. Helmut Weitze has one and I would appreciate your thoughts. I am also posting a photo of one Detlev sold for comparison, if you can really compare these things!

Detlev's:

I find it very hard to tell the good repros from originals, to me both look good.

If you go on ebay.de you will be able to see quite a few 1813 and 1870 II class crosses, very worrying in my mind but maybe good for comparing.

Tony

Somehow this has been posted twice, wonder what I did wrong.
    Last edited by ynot; 08-13-2004, 04:24 PM.

Comment

I find it hard to tell the good repros from originals, to me they both look good.

If you go on ebay.de you will be able to see quite a few 1813 and 1870 II class crosses, very worrying in my mind but maybe good for comparing.

Tony

Comment

Both might be good ( I don't know )
        but Detlevs has a stepped core the first one does not. Also Detlevs has much
        better crown detail.

Just my own opinion.

Comment

The proportions of Weitze's EK look to be a prinzen. The relative lack of curvature on the arms and the size of the ribbon ring make it seem that way to me.

Tony
          An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

How much is the average original 1813 EK2 going for? I have never seen one for sale? I cannot access the mentioned site.

Best regards

Paul Reck

Comment

1500 Euro

Comment

Originally posted by Flak88
                1500 Euro
                That is actually a lot less than I thought!! Thank you for the info

Comment

It is scary, the repros are getting better and better all the time.
                  Interested in candid/private Hitler, KIA, and Holocaust photos. Also any AH related memorabilia--silverware, linen, crystal, china...
                  All the best,
                  Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X