A Bulgarian or White Russian General @1918

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Bulgarian or White Russian General @1918

This is a snap from a group I recently received from the best photo dealer in the US:
    It's taken @ Summer, 1918 in Russia-not far from Kiev. Anybody know who or what this chap was?
    Attached Files

Here's a staff visit in Minsk, March 1918: Who is the short officer on the right? He looks familiar.....
    Attached Files

Comment

Hey McCulloh,

In the first shot... I would say that he is Russian and not Bulgarian... The style tunic he is wearing is more of the Russian style for that period... Also.. I don't see any Bulgarian orders.. but there are a coupls of Russian ones (that I can make out.. there may be more)...

Hope this helps..

Cheers
      Mark

Comment

Officer?

Earlier today I saw a couple of pictures of von Knobelsdorf, Kronprinz Wilhelm's Chief of Staff in 1916 with the 5th Army at Verdun, The short guy looks like him.

I am looking about for the pictures (I am sitting surrounded by books) but I am not finding them. So I am not sure at all.

Bob Lembke

Comment

I don't Known who he is and just a guess on the awards..

All awards seem to have swords..
          Can we get a better scan of awards?

George L
          Great pic..
          Last edited by georgecl; 11-15-2005, 05:30 PM.

Comment

von Knobelsdorf

Hi;

If the "short guy" is von Knobelsdorf, Kronprinz Wilhelm's Chief of Staff in 1916 with the 5th Army at Verdun, I now understand that after Verdun he "was given the command of an Army Corps and dissapeared into Russia".

McCulloch; I am off for Istanbul in about 36 hours. Did you have someone there you wanted to look up? Also, I had a lead on a military bookstore there, but lost it. Do you have an idea?

Bob Lembke

Comment

Look up my friend (who I lost contact with in the dark days of 2001) Metin Erureten at metinerureten@ixir.com,
              He's also in the Istanbul phone book. See if he's madde progress on the Gallipoli stars and tell him I'm sorry but I owe him a years' worth of magazines.
              Employemnt and a new kid made me forget and neglect him.
              Thanks and GOOD HUNTING!!!
              Cheers,
              JeMc

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,823 at 04:29 PM on Today.

Working...
              X