Mini Sword, German made?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini Sword, German made?

Been trying to research it and came up with Swedish or French based on floral design but it might be some other country. Pretty good quality, is it correct to assume it's German made somewhere between 1880-1920? This is based on the Prussian Mini Swords i saw that matches this.
    Attached Files

m
    Attached Files

Comment

they look nice ,,dont they

regards kay

Comment

Looks like an Austrian model to me. (But I could be mistaken)

Comment

Thanks Kay, small but nice.

Morel> Any pics or links to the Austrian models?

Comment

there is one at estand;
            see also http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...anube+flotilla

Comment

Originally posted by morel5000 View Post

Thanks, those 2 do not look anything like mine, that got a floral pattern. Why do you believe it's Austrian?

Comment

Need help with this sword, again.

Comment

I have 11 of these in different German patterns, all Imperial era. Also 1 Swiss, 1 American civil war, 1 indian war and 1 Austrian. Obviously they made for different countries. Never saw this one before but I'm sure someone will ID it for you. Nice one.

Comment

Not a Prussian pattern that I'm aware of the Saxons did do some copying of the French, and my best recollection at the moment is that it's not quite like those of Austria. With my sense being that this is none of them - then perhaps one of the Scandinavian countries? FP

Comment

Thanks Guys, was found in Sweden so Scandinavian makes sense but can't find a match anywhere, that floral pattern sucks.

Comment

'Pattern 1796 Heavy Cavalry Officer Sword' had a Honeysuckle design, more characteristics match.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:P...icer_Sword.jpg

Some Swedish Cavalry officers swords also had the pattern.
                        Last edited by Roglebk; 08-23-2016, 03:09 PM.

Comment

For a Park Ranger/Master Hunter.

http://www.probusauktioner.se/auktio...20April%202015

Comment

I was thinking more like Norway which used that basic style hilt in the mid-later 19th century with a sharkskin grip on the full size (Infantry officer?) swords with a straight blade. But with the nickel plating making it later. Which is where it gets more interesting. Because following an earlier conflict Sweden and Norway were in an uneasy relationship that was dissolved very early in the 20th century, which is where my sense of how it's made as a miniature puts it (disclaimer: these are not in my primary areas of interest). FP

Comment

Not Norway, it's from Sweden, an almost exact match to the one in post 13.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,687 at 02:12 PM on Today.

Working...
                              X