Auction Pick up rare Bavarian Civil Service Medal in Silver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auction Pick up rare Bavarian Civil Service Medal in Silver

This was today's little treasure. The ribbons on the Medal bar are "wrong" for the service medal and non-combatant medal (and on the mini) but are not recent, I am guessing the whole bar is pre-1900 done. I am very happy to have got it and there were only two bids.
    Attached Files

Reverse and detail of mini
    Attached Files

Comment

I like that spange and mini spange very much,very cool mismount

Comment

They were part of a large collection of items bought back from a WWII US 10th armored Division vet. He is still alive but has dementia etc. and the family sold everything today at auction.

Comment

Very nice score.
          pseudo-expert

Comment

Glad you got it - nice group!

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
            The ribbons on the Medal bar are "wrong" for the ( ...) non-combatant medal (and on the mini) but are not recent
            What makes you assume this? Did it come with documents?

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
            I am guessing the whole bar is pre-1900 done.
            I'm guessing it's even pre-1897, as otherwise, it should include the Prussian centenary medal, that was given to any owner of the 1870/71 medal.
            sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

Nice minis! Hard to tell from the pics, is the KDM's Silver/Steel or Bronze colored? If Silver the ribbon should be the "inverted non com" right?
              Attached Files

Comment

Nice early group.

Comment

Originally posted by Roglebk View Post
                  Nice minis! Hard to tell from the pics, is the KDM's Silver/Steel or Bronze colored? If Silver the ribbon should be the "inverted non com" right?
                  The medal is the "steel" version, but apparently a silvered wearer's copy.

Regarding the ribbon, check here: http://70.87.163.50/forums/showpost....&postcount=137
                  sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

I love the early stuff. Nice one!

Comment

The ribbon for the Civil service silver medal on the mini is the correct ribbon shown on reference websites for it, the other ribbon is the same as the 24 year cross. The war service medal is silvered.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X