Imperial flight badge on the estand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imperial flight badge on the estand

A member has asked for this badge to be discussed: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=612835
    pseudo-expert

Originally posted by Don D. View Post
    A member has asked for this badge to be discussed: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=612835
    Where is the Problem?
    I can't see nothing bad on this badge.
    same hardware like the square puntch badges

Regards

Alex

Comment

A member had a question. Question answered. No problem......
      pseudo-expert

Comment

Terrific unmarked example!

Comment

thank you all!!!

There is a great story behind this piece, to be told to the buyer in private. But buy the piece for itself, never the story, as the rule goes!

The piece is a unmarked WWI period produced pilot badge. A so-called "sleeper." I have scoured shows for 20+ years and have pretty much figured out a simple principle. If you see too many of a particular type of "rare" badge for sale, avoid it! If anyone finds another exactly like this, I will "eat my hat" as the saying goes!

The 100th year anniversary of the Great War is just around the corner. Sad to say, I am liquidating a ton of WWI pieces to raise money for some serious travel. Life is too short and there are not many years left for me to spend with friends and family. My stuff must move for others to enjoy at great prices. I will be cutting loose Honor Goblets, General Spiked Helmets, Imperial Naval Dagger, sword, medals, etc. Everything must go. Not gonna hoard. No reasonable offer refused! Just keeping a few pieces like rare Nazi Party slogan and membership badges. Rare variants run in the "multi-dozens."

But more to the point, I offer a lifetime guarantee on everything. I realize the hazards in collecting. All of a sudden a piece could be deemed junk on the internet, over night, just like that. I've been screwed countless times. Going beyond e-stand rules is what I live by. The world is too small to mess around with integrity. I am not too hard to track down.

If anybody needs better pics, lemme know.

And by the way, check out Stephen Privetera's new book on WWI pilot badges and awards, Imperial Skies vol I. It is totally ground shaking! The man is a true genius, and 1,000% honest.

God Bless the WAF members, and especially WAF moderators for their self-less service! It's a "thankless job"! Basically "unpaid policemen"! You folks are the best. Thank you all!!!
          Last edited by panzerguy; 08-10-2012, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X