Ribbon Bars ... Orders Of Please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribbon Bars ... Orders Of Please?

I think these 3 ribbon bars are all mixed in order, although only one appears to have been tampered with looking at the reverse side lugs.
    Can someone help with what would normally be their correct orders?

Many thanks in advance!
    Attached Files

Hi,

Can you post a photo of the reverse?

The combination of the top bar is fine. Here are what the other two should look like.

Looking at the middle bar I would say the Austrian Commemorative Medal ribbon has been added later...it does not match the age/condition of the other ribbons on this ribbon bar. Also I should add that if the middle bar was made after 1938 then the Austrian Commemorative Medal ribbon should be in 3rd place.

Kind regards
    Pierce
    Attached Files

Comment

Reverse

Many thanks for that! The top bar is the one that has obviously been apart.
      Here is the reverse photo.

Do you know an online site that may show various ribbon orders? I do realise combinations could be large and such a site may not exist!

Thanks again!
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by monty View Post
        Many thanks for that! The top bar is the one that has obviously been apart.
        Here is the reverse photo.

Do you know an online site that may show various ribbon orders? I do realise combinations could be large and such a site may not exist!

Thanks again!
        Really? I would have said the bottom bar.

Here is a web link you may find helpful. http://www.medals.pl/de/de3.htm

Kind regards
        Pierce

Comment

re bars

I meant the top bar had obviously been apart by the fact the reverse lugs are all showing very recent markings as to being removed and refitted.

I did realise the bottom bar was incorrect.

Many thanks for your help!

Comment

The hole on the Iron Cross in the bottom bar seems to indicate that it once had one of those miniature Iron Cross devices popular among Saxons.

Comment

On the first bar, I think the final ribbon is supposed to be for the Turkish War Medal (Iron Half-Moon).

On the second bar, however, I think the similar ribbon may not be for the Turkish medal, but could be for the War Honor Decoration (Kriegsehrenzeichen) from Hesse-Darmstadt.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X