Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for Godet & co PlM miniature

Hello everybody,

I had been looking for a PlM medal since I was around 17 years old. I just bought one 200€ fake, the seller seemed nice and assured me with his honor that it was an original. Now I was spending all night reading info about these "spanish copys". Really sad indeed.

I would still like to find a good miniature, does anyone have any for sale or do you know any respected trader that have one for sale at the moment?

Kindest regards
    Dennis

Sorry to hear that, but may I ask who the seller was... Was it a fellow countryman to us or someone here on WAF?

Comment

Hi Dennis, guess you are the seller on Tradera, i'm the one that emailed you about the fake. Genuine PlM minis are extremly seldom up for sale and when they are u have to fight the rest of us

Here's the auction, added the pics for reference.

http://www.tradera.com/pour-le-mérit...2201_160993693
      Attached Files

Comment

To buy german medals based only on the seller guarantee of originality is to take a leap of faith.

And then to sell it on using the old sellers guarantee is really to take a leap of faith. But I guess the "garanterar dock äktheten" part will get a disclaimer.

Have you tried to contact the guy you bought it from?

/peter

Comment

Originally posted by Roglebk View Post
          Genuine PlM minis are extremly seldom up for sale and when they are u have to fight the rest of us
          Well said Carl.
          I'll be right in the middle of that fight

I once bought a fake that looked just like that one

Comment

Well im not so sure that I will ever be "återbetalad", the seller owns a E-commerce, that to me looked very serious. Imperial-medals.com. Juergen Michel from Germany.

Im not a novice in medals, but I never studied the PlM very much. Im more in to Iron Crosses and that sort of stuff, mostly WW2.

So yesterday I spent some hours on the forum reading the threads with all this knowledge, maybe it was worth buying it after all..

Best regards
            Dennis

Comment

Till er som talar svenska här, jag vill ju givetvis upprätthålla ett gott rykte här och som traderahandlare. Ska kontakta tradera och lägga fram saken imorgon och hoppas att de kan avsluta auktionen.

/Dennis

Comment

Originally posted by Pour_le_merite View Post
                (...) the seller owns a E-commerce, that to me looked very serious. Imperial-medals.com. Juergen Michel from Germany.
                I won't comment on him and his offerings (of which some are nice), but if it wasn't too long ago, you can return it with no questions asked.

And if it dates more back, you should try it tough - with questions asked.

A serious business seller usually accepts returns!

sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

... I just bought one 200€ fake...
                  You are luky in some ways - you could have paid €1200 for the same fake complete with drill holes at Weitze

https://www.weitze.net/detail/56/Ord...m__173256.html
                  Last edited by Biro; 08-06-2012, 04:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Biro View Post
                    You are luky in some ways - you could have paid €1200 for the same fake complete with drill holes at Weitze

Wow-that surprised me. I guess times must be tough.

Comment

Till er som talar svenska här, jag vill ju givetvis upprätthålla ett gott rykte här och som traderahandlare. Ska kontakta tradera och lägga fram saken imorgon och hoppas att de kan avsluta auktionen.

/Dennis
                      Hi Dennis, we speak English here so i translated:

"To all that speaks Swedish here, of course want to uphold a good reputation here and as a Tradera seller. Will contact Tradera and ask them to close down the Auction."

I was about to suggest that solution since u already got bids on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Biro View Post

Even good honest sellers makes misstakes but that one is so bad one wonders who does the inventory at Weitze.

Comment

True that English is most time spoken here, but that doesnt mean that English is the only way to communicate, we study other countries history and we personally find ourselves along the way, I consider a learning experience when I see a post written in a language other than English, German, Russian, Swedish or Spanish, there is an iberoamerican thread in WAF really interesting.
                          We study history in the hope of not repeating the same mistakes, and besides it is really easy to just copy a post and paste it in google translator to have an immediate translation, so it is my opinion not to discourage people right to express themselves on their own way.
                          Just my two cents!
                          Sincerely,
                          Vellocino

Comment

Originally posted by vellocino View Post
                            True that English is most time spoken here, but that doesnt mean that English is the only way to communicate, we study other countries history and we personally find ourselves along the way, I consider a learning experience when I see a post written in a language other than English, German, Russian, Swedish or Spanish, there is an iberoamerican thread in WAF really interesting.
                            We study history in the hope of not repeating the same mistakes, and besides it is really easy to just copy a post and paste it in google translator to have an immediate translation, so it is my opinion not to discourage people right to express themselves on their own way.
                            Just my two cents!
                            Sincerely,
                            Vellocino
                            Do you speak Swedish? If no, how do you know the Google translator works?

Some questions to Dennis. If you looked for a PlM mini since u were 17, why did you try to sell this one as you first thought it was an original? Who is Eric that answered my emails? Are you and Eric the same person?

Comment

"Why are ye so fearful, O ye of little faith".

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X