griffinmilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going to a local auction- but I need some help first.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to a local auction- but I need some help first.

Hi guys,

I'm going to a small local auction but have no idea what some of the items up for bidding are exactly- which makes it very hard to price.

From what I can tell the auctioneer has no idea how to price the items either and for the most part many of the items I know are described wrong. Can you please help me identify these items and price them- btw these are the only photos I have.

Cheers,

jamie
    Attached Files

Thanks guys
    Attached Files

Comment

Early veterans ribbon, Fire Brigade Service badge, not sure what the helmet disc is....maybe off a souvenir ash tray or something..... all Imperial German era of only "minor" interest to most....I'd pay $20./25. at the MOST if they "walked into my flea market!"

Nothing special.....IMO (unless you want them, of course!)
      John G.

Comment

Thanks,

The auction has a large list of items and runs all day, 99% being non militaria. Being a Dad I can't spend all Sunday at an auction, I have to turn up, strike hard and hit the road.

I have more items to post on other forums too- so far by field is narrowing at an alarming rate!

Thanks for your help- BTW the early veterans ribbon is priced at $100-200

Cheers,

Jamie

Comment

A more realistic price for the veteran's ribbon would be $10-20. Probably $25 for all 3 items imaged would be a good price (for the seller!).

Regards
          Mike
          Regards
          Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Originally posted by muzrub View Post
            Thanks for your help- BTW the early veterans ribbon is priced at $100-200
            You geth these, in nicer condition, for 10.- Euro at Weitze in Hamburg...

sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X