Eierhandgranaten 17 crate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eierhandgranaten 17 crate?

I picked this up today thinking it was WWII, but I think I was mistaken! Is this for the Eierhandgranate M1917? WWI vintage or post WWI?
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

It's WWI in my estimation.

Chip

Comment

Neat box.

Comment

Amazing find.
          pseudo-expert

Comment

Thank you for the replies, gentlemen! I have had a hell of a time finding another example online.

I forgot to show a picture of the interior:
            Attached Files

Comment

An amazeing find for sure. I'm amazed that it survived this long and in such good condition, a gem for sure.... Harold

Comment

I believe Chris B once dug up the remains of a fully loaded crate at Verdun. Perhaps he will chime in when he gets back from his trip.
                pseudo-expert

Comment

I hope that Chris B can chime in, or anyone else that has seen one. I am thinking not many have survived to this day (probably recycled for other uses and were broken up or rotted away)

Comment

Hi,

did not find it myself, but a friend found 200 ir so of the grenades and had them emptied (They all had transport plugs, no fuses)

I got 50 of them and a Gradade box (square shaped one, not rectangular like this one...

Looks pretty cool with 50 grenades ;-)

P.S. this is a nice box!

Comment

Originally posted by K Bandow View Post
                      I hope that Chris B can chime in, or anyone else that has seen one. I am thinking not many have survived to this day (probably recycled for other uses and were broken up or rotted away)
                      I think most survivors were used after the war by farmers, etc. etc. if you are lucky one comes out of a barn or workshop...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X