Info on Hanseatic Crosses needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Info on Hanseatic Crosses needed

According to an old reference I have, the three Hanseatic Crosses were awarded according to the following:

For Bremen it was the 75th Infantry Regiment

For Hamburg it was the 76th Infantry Regiment

For Lubeck it was II.Bn, 167th Infantry Regiment

For the crews of the ships Bremen, Lubeck, and Hamburg.

For inhabitants of the three towns serving in other units, and for those serving in voluntary nursing units in those three towns.

Now . . . one of my latest ribbon bars has a Hamburg ribbon, and a Lubeck ribbon. What would be the criteria for such an award.

OR is this question moot, garnering quite a large 'I dunno'.

It's a question I have been wondering about for quite a while.

"seek and ye shall find..."

David:
    Do a search on the above tool bar under "Hansa cross" and "Hamburg Cross" and all shall be revealed.
    The crosses were not exclusive to these regiments by any means-and 1920s ranklists show a number of officers with all three crosses.

Res Ipsa...
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=hamburg+cross

Comment

Lübeck was IR 162, not 167. Doubles are fairly common, at least for officers. That's because the Hanseatic units, active and reserve, were often grouped in common divisions.

Comment

I have seen a FEW NCO photos and document groups with double Hansa crosses-Hamburg and Bremen.

Comment

Many thanks kind gentlemen for the quick answers.

Often I have seen two Hansa awards on a ribbon bar, never three. I thought that they were handed out liberally but that knowledge never came across in anything published.

Due to a brain freeze (or just too damned lazy ) it hadn't crossed my mind to do a search in the Archives.

These forums come through again

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
          X