Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pickelhaube cover

Hello all,

I have a simple question to ask (well it'll only be simple if you know the answer) about my pickelhaube cover.

Is it original or fake?

I bought it a long time ago when I had more money than experience and have never been quite sure about it. Note the different shade of green on the spike cover compared to the helmet cover, was it put together by someone who was colour blind or is that normal?

Photos can be seen under http://ynoi.tripod.com/pickelhaubecover.html

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tony

What,NO VELCRO!?! Oooops sorry, that as the French cover. All kidding aside ,I really enjoy seeing things like that cover as that sort of equiptment was so often discarded and forgotten.

Comment

Tony
      My opinion is both are real, although were probably not originally together.

Regards

Dave

Comment

I agree with Dave. The hooks certainly proclaim the originality of the body. I have never seen a repro with the correct hooks.

Comment

Dave & GWA,

Thanks a bunch for that. That has made my day.

Tony

Comment

Tony,
            I'm with GWA. I've never seen a repro with hooks. Perhaps the folks at the pickelhaube forum might know differently but looks ok to me. I think there are similar color patterns in the Stubbs book on pgs 535=536.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X