Comment

Backs
      Attached Files

Comment

Backs . . . pt 2
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice new toys!!! Congratulations!

I like the ribbon bar with the Hohenzollern with crown and swords! Not soo many around there.
          The mini long service is also scarce!

Last ribbon bar seems to be a Naval Doc. A colleague of Dr.Roediger, eh Rick?

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

I'll go check the reserve naval doctors... maybe Daniel will beat me to the ID!

I never saw most of these before... my Evil Twin is zooming stuff through so fast none of these have ever been on the Good Ricky's kitchen table.

Could you make me a nice x500% closeup of that Prussian XV for my files, David?

That makes only the second Prussian long service device on a ribbon bar I have ever seen-- the other is the XII on Polizei bar in The Article.

It seems like such an obvious and necessary device system... and yet these were obviously extremely rare.

Back later if I can ID the Marine-Arzt.

Comment

Rick, In this case I cannot beat You. My Navy sources are very thin.

Comment

I couldn't find anyone with the double Hanseatics and Prussian RCM3 as of the February 1918 Navy List. I agree with Daniel that 5 bar is almost certainly that of a reserve naval medical officer, but couldn't narrow it down as of the last pubished imperial Liste with awards.

Same goes for the Hohenzollern 5 bar-- with crown and the 1897 but no long service or peacetime Order suggests a MAJOR, a wartime, pre-1920 ribbon bar... but not enough clues to ID without other awards. You'd think that Brunswick would "do" it-- and it SHOULD-- if there were sources that showed "everything" as of the Armistice!

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Research
                  Could you make me a nice x500% closeup of that Prussian XV for my files, David?
                  With pleasure . . . here is the little gem at 500x, the best I could get is 360dpi, any higher goes oves 700 x 700.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks David!!!!!

Comment

This one arrived today !
                      Attached Files

Comment

Oh, Jayzus!!!

I had this one in my paws and made scans, front, back, and 500% close up--because that's all I'm ever going to have to remember it by, being already in hock to my Evil Twin-- or else the cats' names would have been on an I.O.U.!

At this point, this Major is not identifiable-- because the Thuringian states' WW1 award rolls aren't out yet (Erhard Roth, !!!!) but he WILL be.

What gets me tossing and turning at night is that this is the ONLY repeat ONLY pre-1930s ribbon bar I have EVER seen the Brunswick device on-- and this one is clearly datable 1918 (creation) to 1920 (no Prussian Long Service ribbon, suspended during the war). THIS IS A 1918 WARTIME BAR!

I scanned it, below, compared with a 1930s ribbon bar and a WW2 ribbon bar bearing the same device. Compared to the "usual" later ones, yours is rather blurred and "icky." (the last months of a lost war tend to do that!), and if it had been LOOSE, I would probably have sniffed and turned my nose up--

BECAUSE THERE WAS NOTHING TO JUDGE AGAINST.

Weeeeelllllll, that has changed, NOW. Yours is the benchmark, David. I've had this bar in my sweaty paws, and I like every single thing about it-- CLASSIC wartime WW1 bar. At this point, I'd say do NOT show the reverse for how the device is attached, since that will aid Naughty People but not help fellow collectors much--

ONE in 35 years means these won't exactly be falling off trucks by the boxload. (Let's keep it that way! )

Attached Files

Comment

nononono thats wrong. Send it to me and I will check it.......

Great find! I was also after it but was outbid. NIIICE all-thuringian combo!!!
                          As Rick said, if there would be some of the lists around it would be easy but so... not enough pre-war to trace him and he is not in the 1925 Reichsheer list so I think he left as Char. Oberstleutnant or Oberst in 1920.

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

Thanks for the coments

I just love these Imperial bars

Comment

Coooooool stuff , David!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X