Imperial non combatant medal bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imperial non combatant medal bar

This bar is on German Ebay. Is it an original bar and what are the medals in positions 3,4 and 7 ? Thanks for your information. Regards Chris
    Attached Files

Position 3 is a Kreuz des Allgemeinen Ehrenzeichen (General Honor Cross) awarded from 1900-1918. 4 is an Allgemeines Ehrenzeichen Medaille 2nd class, 1895-1917. The last is a Kyffhäuserbund Frontkämpferabzeichen, a veterans' organization award. I don't recognize the ribbon with the Centenärmedaille, but it's definitely not right. 2, 3, 6, and 7 are monted backwards.

Comment

Looks fine to me.

3 is the Prussian Cross of the General Decoration for looooooooong civil service in grades below officer,

4 is the silver General Decoration Medal (for 18 to 25 years service to the state),

the next to last is the 1897 Centenary Medal (for him as an 1870-71 veteran) which has merely been turned back to front.

The M1913 XV years service cross would have been an update to the M1825 brooch he had received while he was an active NCO.

The Kyffhäuserbund Medal in last place from the 1920s we normally associate with WWI veterans...

it would be interesting to see a document for that if there was indeed a special issue for PRE-1914 war veterans!

Comment

OK now I see it. The thin red/white and the wide red are from the ribbons on either side. Yup, it's the right ribbon.

Comment

Nice set of a looong serving ex-NCO as Beamter!

The Kyffhäufer medal was added later to the bar.

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X