Reinecke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reinecke

Does anyone have the German Imperial Navy Officer's list available ?
    I am looking for more info on a certain Reinecke.

Thanks,

Kris.

Hello Kris
    I only have only found one navy officer with the name Reinecke. I hope its the officer you are looking for.

Marine-Feldhilfsartz Karl Reinecke

Born 13.2.1895
    Started in the Navy August 1914 by II. Werft Division until September 1914. Then he was by Marine Lazaret Hamburg until November 1914 and then shortly back to II. Werft Division before he went to Marine Sanitäts Kraftwagen Kolonne until February 1915. Then he was by Marine Kriegslazaret until June 1915. Thereafter Festungslazaret Kiel-Bellevue until May 1917 where he went to I. Werft Division. November 1917 he was at S.M.S. Hannover until May 1917 where he went to Marine Lazaret Hamburg until end of war.
    He stopped by the Navy 20.12.1918.
    Regards
    Diesel
    Last edited by Diesel; 08-01-2004, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Kris, "a certain Reinecke" doesn't really help much. For the best replies, the MOST information you already HAVE would help.

What TIME period? What RANK? What branch of service? Etc.

If you made a typing error, that "certain" Reinecke COULD be two ReinIckes, a Reineke, two Reinckes, or a Reinke.

If you are reading a signature on something and that isn't correct, then that wouldn't help, either.

You need to TELL us what you HAVE and even better, SHOW us.

I have various naval sources between 1905 and 1991.

But I need to be CERTAIN which "certain" person it really is! Rick

Comment

Reinecke

The name 'Reinecke' is on an Imperial German Navy dagger and that's all I have. No further data, letters, rank etc. is available.

I know it's a long shot...

Kris.
        Attached Files

Comment

Reinecke

detail...
          Attached Files

Comment

Reinecke it is!

Alas, this does not advance us at all, since there were no Imperial period zur See officers (or Fähnriche zS) that I can find.

You need a blades expert now to date the time period on this (before 1905?) maybe from maker's mark.

I think that ONLY zur See officers-- NO other branches-- were allowed to carry these daggers, and that at some point in their training (after promotion from Seekadett to Fähnrich) executive branch ONLY Midshipmen were authorized to carry these.

So:

1) someone who left the navy before 1905, leaving no trace in the Orders Almanach or WW1 Honor Rank List

2) somebody who never got beyond Fähnrich (died in training?)

3) a (and I can't even imagine this!) "ReinIcke" who never bothered getting his name spelled correctly after getting it back from the engraver.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
            X