No announcement yet.

Imperial German cap tally collectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And here two more photos. One with ships, the other with divisions and flottillas. That's me out of the Imperial tally business. A wonderful area of collecting with some hidden wonders and I recommend to investigate every single named tally you come across. I always favoured the flottilla's and shore based units as they are offering many many more positive surprises. Who would suspect the a Matrosen Abteilung (attention: I do not mean Matrosen Division!!) is one of the rarest types of tallies of the Imperial navy. Or another example: a Minenraeum division is a thousand and times rarer than a Minensuch division!

Rgds

Daniel
    Attached Files

Comment

Minensuch=Halbflotille tally was also worn by the Freiwillige Minensuch Verbande of the Reichsmarine in 1919 that cleared the mines in the Baltic and North Sea. I've been looking for one of those, actually.

Comment

Well, although I cannot support your statement that this tally is to be assigned to the times of the 'Vorläufige Reichsmarine' (preliminary Reichsmarine), I also cannot prove it wrong.

Please see on the 2nd attached image an extract of page 196 of Wedeking/Bodeux's book of tallies of the Imperial German Navy. There it is said that the existence can not be explained. Due to they having had all existing paperwork for the preliminary RM available, they would have known if it was a tally from the period 1919/20.

What I can certainly confirm is that the tally shown on the 1st photo was definately worn during the mineclearing activities in the Baltikum and North Sea.

Rgds

Daniel
        Attached Files

Comment

I can prove what I said. I have a group to a volunteer in the minesweeper service who cleared mines in the North Sea and in the photo he's wearing the Minensuch=Halbflotille tally as well as the badge awarded from April 1919 for volunteer minesweepers. All other photos of Freiwillige Minensuch Verbande show this tally being worn. Later in 1919 volunteers wore theater-specific tallies, as I also have his tally for "Minensuch Verbande der Nordsee" which is a Vorläufige Reichsmarine tally.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Brian L.; 01-16-2019, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Very interesting information. John

Comment

ha

S.M.S. Schneewittchen? That should be a most popular band for young collectors!

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
                S.M.S. Schneewittchen? That should be a most popular band for young collectors!
                Nice tally, difficult to find 'cause it's a small unit (approx. 14 men).
                I'll try to post a photo of my Schneewittchen tally.

BR, Chris

Comment

I showed some of my tallies here: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=671831&page=5

and here:
                  http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...87#post5771287

BR, Chris

Comment

So I am uploading a couple others I have gotten. SAM_5926.JPG SMS Nuernberg.jpg SMS Scharnhorst (Gold).jpg

Comment

Kaiser Wilhelm II Kaiser Wilhelm the II reserve rememberance tally.JPG
                      Last edited by JustinG; 08-28-2020, 12:37 AM.

Comment

image_4739297.jpg SMS EMDEN Mützennband.JPG

Two more highly sought tallies from the
                        Kaiserliche Marine.

Comment

Beautiful tallies! Especially the ILTIS is a nice one!
                          Keep going ????

BR, Gensui

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X