1870 EK2 on eBay - a good deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1870 EK2 on eBay - a good deal?

This cross looks like a real beauty to me. A fine example of a Type A core. And it sold for a pretty good price imo. What do you guys think?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261024748938...938%26_rdc%3D1

Best,

Alex

Agree on all counts.

Comment

a rare occasion a honest ebayer is behind the sale

a bargain ,,,congratulations

regards kay

Comment

Had that one in the watchlist but forgot about it. Extremly good price and looks like a crisp cast core! Weird that a nice one like this does not go higher considering all the other crap that fetches insane amounts.

Comment

Originally posted by Roglebk View Post
          Had that one in the watchlist but forgot about it. Extremly good price and looks like a crisp cast core! Weird that a nice one like this does not go higher considering all the other crap that fetches insane amounts.

tell us ,which auction you gonna forget about next ?

regards kay

Comment

Thanks Marshall.

Yes Kay, I think your right about the seller. I mean he even offers a 14 day inspection period and a return policy. Can't beat that.

Thanks for forgetting about this auction, Carl. I really appreciate it!

By the way guys, in the eBay pics it looks like the core has a little bit of rust problem going on and this concerns me. I'll know for sure once I have a chance to see it first-hand. But I'm considering cleaning the core, very carefully of course... and this only to prevent the rust from spreading. Based on the condition of this cross, would you do the same?

Best,

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Montgomery Burns View Post
              tell us ,which auction you gonna forget about next ?
              regards kay

Probably a lot of normal sized ones but hopefully not any Prinzen

Comment

Originally posted by EK Hunter View Post
                Thanks for forgetting about this auction, Carl. I really appreciate it!

But I'm considering cleaning the core, very carefully of course... and this only to prevent the rust from spreading. Based on the condition of this cross, would you do the same?

Best,

Alex
                It ended up in a good home Alex! I'm one of those that does not like rust either so would kill it.

Edit: Rust does not look very bad in the pics, it might have been killed already. Not sure i would touch it.
                Last edited by Roglebk; 05-23-2012, 04:56 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X