No announcement yet.

some nice photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice. Can you enlarge the MG badge in post #6?
    pseudo-expert

Comment

Hi sure,im on it

Comment

here are they

Comment

He's wearing an enamel ribbonbar -- very cool
          Best regards,
          Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Thanks for the MG badge pic.
            pseudo-expert

Comment

What am I missing in the photo in post #6 of the guy with the enameled ribbon bar? He has #30 infantry style shoulder straps, but also has what looks to be Garde collar Litzen. Anybody got an answer?

Chip

Comment

Originally posted by Chip M View Post
                What am I missing in the photo in post #6 of the guy with the enameled ribbon bar? He has #30 infantry style shoulder straps, but also has what looks to be Garde collar Litzen. Anybody got an answer?

Chip
                He's 30th MGSs formerly a Garde gunner. His badge appears to lack the backing cloth just pronged through the tunic to mate up with the backing plate. Chip, you agree they often did away with red piped boards?

Eric

Comment

Eric,

Of course, a transfer is a possible reason. I was trying to see if there was any legitimate reason for the Litzen.

I'm not sure what your comment on the red piping means. Perhaps you were referring to the red piped straps of the Maschinengewehr-Abteilungen? I think these units were disbanded in 1915. The MGSsA did not exist before the war. I believe they wore normal white piped infantry style shoulder straps.

Chip

Comment

Originally posted by Chip M View Post
                    Eric,

Of course, a transfer is a possible reason. I was trying to see if there was any legitimate reason for the Litzen.

I'm not sure what your comment on the red piping means. Perhaps you were referring to the red piped straps of the Maschinengewehr-Abteilungen? I think these units were disbanded in 1915. The MGSsA did not exist before the war. I believe they wore normal white piped infantry style shoulder straps.

Chip
                    I thought the MGSs wore red piped well into the War at least untill 1917. Thanks Chip not for the first time corrected.

Eric

Comment

Eric,

The special uniforms of the MG-Abteilungen were discontinued with the new uniform regulations of September 21,1915. From then on, they were to wear the uniform of the unit to which they were attached. So, they could wear infantry or cavalry uniforms, depending on the unit.

You were correct in that these units existed until the 1917/18 period, as it was then that they were disbanded to form the MG squadrons of the cavalry regiments.
                      The MGSsA wore infantry uniforms from their beginnings in 1916, so no red piping. The MG-Abteilungen had red piping up until 9-21-15.

Chip
                      Last edited by Chip M; 05-14-2012, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X