"Rayback" black wound badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Rayback" black wound badge

Here is something you dont see every day: a black wound badge with a "rayback" reverse. No markings, the pin is magnetic, the badge is not. What do you guys think?
    Attached Files

reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

another shot of reverse
      Attached Files

Comment

I've... never... ... if it wasn't .... brass... I'd think it was... a SILVER ... chemically oxidyzed... black.

NEVER seen such a thing.

Shall we have us a little bet on the outcome in November... say for this badge?

Just kidding.

I already know who will win.

Comment

Ricky you little devil,
          We just stopped the political threads in die kneipe! Imperial forum,...the new battlefield ? What will the little neo nazis post about in here? No swaz! That is an unfair bias against them
          Best, Sal

Comment

Exceptional badge Vadim!

My congratulations, this is a first for me! I've seen a couple in silver, but a very differnt pattern and maker than your example!

Comment

Lookin' good!

Comment

If you don't already know...

I know this is an old thread, but I thought that Vadim may be interested to know that it appears that this badge was made by F.SEDLATZEK BERLIN. Here is the link for a badge that is a match. Look at item D1318 in the Imperial Wound Badges section of this site http://www.thirdreichmedals.com/ The two badges are nearly identical in design. Nearly because the silver one is missing helmet strap rivet and liner rivet.

Comment

I think that if you look closely at the Helmet of the one on the web site, you will see what looks like a repair to the helmet. It does not look like it should. There appears to have been some heavy polishing to the helmet where the rivets would be. This looks like a jeweler repair that was cleaned up. Does anybody else see this? Still a great piece, but would account for the missing rivets.
                  Dan Murphy

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Murphy
                    I think that if you look closely at the Helmet of the one on the web site, you will see what looks like a repair to the helmet. It does not look like it should. There appears to have been some heavy polishing to the helmet where the rivets would be. This looks like a jeweler repair that was cleaned up. Does anybody else see this? Still a great piece, but would account for the missing rivets.
                    Dan Murphy
                    Yes, I see it.

Two theories
                    1. Maybe it is a modified 1936 example.

2. Probably repaired after a hard hit or ding.

Remote possibility 3. Since this example is silver, and the issue and private pieces were either of steel, or silver plate, is it possible that there could have been a seperate die used for these, where maybe the rivets were left out??

Comment

Fabulous........ just fabulous!

Comment

Originally posted by IMPERIAL QUEST
                        I know this is an old thread, but I thought that Vadim may be interested to know that it appears that this badge was made by F.SEDLATZEK BERLIN. Here is the link for a badge that is a match.
                        Thanks, Steven. The rayback pattern is indeed a dead-on match, so mine could be a Sedlatzek piece. Mine still remains the only black rayback I have ever seen, anyone seen another?

Comment

Here is a close up of the area we discussed. It has indeed been repaired/reworked. On a piece this rare though, I think it is more than acceptable and adds a bit of charachter as well (IMHO).
                          Last edited by IMPERIAL QUEST; 01-12-2006, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X