New pair of EKIs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New pair of EKIs

I love the AWS crosses so much. I had got a pillowback early last year from Andy here on WAF, the cross had AWS's 3rd core. Late last year or early this year there was one in an update almost identical but I didn't care, I had to get it lol. I never displayed it here, so I thought I would show it off.

However, I recently got 2 MORE, in addition to the pillow back.
    Attached Files

This one I saw in an update (and am using the photos from them due to the fact that I have had no chance to get pics of my own set!) a few months ago. I had thought AWS all the way but as was pointed out to me, this is the crunch bead frame of Juncker! It's a 1939 piece, but for Imperial. I still thought I would show it here though. It's my first 3 piece SB and I couldn't be happier with it. The quality is just amazing!
    Attached Files

Comment

And here is a pic of all 3 pieces!
      Attached Files

Comment

And this final one was brought to my attention just a week ago.

AWS 1st core and my first of this type. Has a bit of rust or something in the inner corner, I thought about gently rubbing it with an old soft tooth brush in hope of loosening any rust that may do harm to the rest of the frame but it's a looker and has the same pin and rear setup as my pillowbacks! Again, astounded by the quality. I just love it!

Ryan
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice
          I like the crowns used in the first 2 posted.

Comment

nice crosses ,,

regards kay

Comment

Great crosses, Ryan. AWS is certainly a fine maker. I just purchased my first AWS EK2 and am looking forward to its arrival any day now.

Best,

Alex

Comment

Very nice crosses and I like the condition too, congrats!

Comment

Nice and nice
                  Best regards,
                  Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Nice I too am concintrating on AWS EK1s at the moment.

Comment

Thank you all for the feedback!

Greg, I like all 3 of AWS' cores, but I have to admit, I think overall I probably prefer the first core the most. Maybe it's because I see a good amount of 3rd cores (the ones you said you like the most). I'm still searching for a nice 2nd core AWS too... lol

Kay, thanks for your feedback!

Alex, I hope you enjoy yours! They are so nicely made...frame and core. Coming from TR era, some of the nasty cores you can find in Imperial are unattractive to me, but these ones seem to blend a very artistic and clean design and I always love those wide frames

Hans and Trev, thanks a bunch guys. Glad you like them. Trev may or may not have pointed out the 1st core AWS to me

Lee, don't concentrate on them too much, I already have to compete with Trev and others...you can always just pass yours over to me

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X