For the Collector or Kaiserliche Marine, Reservistenbild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the Collector or Kaiserliche Marine, Reservistenbild

I am not sure if this is the right category. But I want to show to you this great craftmannship. It came directly of a private home in northern germany.
    Its a really large Reservistenbild ( 92 cm x 77 cm ) from Kaiserliche Marine ship " SMS Iltis " . The Text says: Zur Erinnerung an meine Reisen China, Japan 1911- 1913. I figured out that the SMS Iltis was the only ship in the Kaiserliche Marine wich was awarded with the " Pour le merite " !
    Its not my field of collecting because I collect items from the third Reich area. But I think this is a real beauty. Its on the e-stand too.
    Once again I had another great Piece but this is in a really grear condition. Its now nearly 100 years old!!!
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Very beautiful, thank you for showing the photos.
            Best regards,
            Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

These were made in China for all of the navies of the world. I've seen some with American, Japanese, German, French and British flags worked into the design. I agree, the craftsmanship is fantastic! Very nice that you have one for a specific ship. I've seen them with the ship and the sailor who bought it as a reminder of serving in China waters. Mine is just a general Imperial Naval motif, but then I paid $50.00 for it. I did see one for the USS Baltimore at an antik shop about two years ago. It had the ship and the sailor. They were asking $300.00 for it. It had all the various flags as well. Here is mine:
              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X