Pour le Merite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pour le Merite

I have had this for years, & never have had it checked out. Most likely a fake? I have never seen a real one, so I have nothing to compare to. Is this a Jewelers Copy or just a run of the mill fake.. Real? haha I have NO idea! I know nothing about these. Thanks in advance for your replies!! Johnny
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Pour le merite

Hi the cross is a S&L made copy made after 1957. some say these were just a jewlers copy for the public and others say it was made for the vets from WWI who won the medal .

Comment

Value? Found the Ribbon!

Having been told by a number of collectors now that it is a 1957 S&L, & not a total piece of junk , had compelled me to dig up the ribbon!! lots of boxes to go through last night! Please Help with the Value? I know it has some chips in, but what is it's realistic value? It's going to go up on the chopping block! I'd just like to get more than one opinion. Thanks to everyone who have given me information on it!!
        Attached Files

Comment

last

last
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Johnny,

Just a small clarification: it is not a "1957 PLM," as no such thing existed. Only awards previously adorned with a swastika were reauthorized in 1957 -- nothing else.

Yours is properly called a post WWII-era collector's or wearer's copy, probably by S&L.

It has some real value, and I have seen these sell for anywhere from €300 to as much as €1000 (!), depending mostly on condition and marks (some are marked "800" and are more desirable than the bronze-gilt examples, which are unmarked).

I think a lot of collectors have these in their collections as fillers, because of their affordability, and because they carry with them at least the possibility of having been worn by an original recipient.
            Best regards,
            Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

For your reference, here is one with silver oakleaves that's priced at about €700! (It's been for sale literally for years at that price though).
              Best regards,
              Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X