No announcement yet.

Ek1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good one Gordon - notice the different style and the straight number position of the 800 mark!

While this mark is clearly stamped and has a typically stamp design of 1914 pieces, the firsts cross "stamp" looks way to thin from the pics and has "floating" numbers where the middle 0 is a bit higher than the 8 and the other 0.

Just can tell from these bad pics through, the 800 mark might be fine if some better pics were take, but from what I see now I'm not convinced. The 2 is - out of question - faked.

Comment

Nice one Rich, I have an 800 with the same pin. I feel that these are the earlier 800 series due to the transition in design of pin/hinge/800 stamp, although I might have the timeline back asswards

Here's another with a shorter hinge and a trimmed down pin that still retains it Maybauerish appearance, looks like they kept the same core but changed the frame along the way.

Chris
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

First up, to make the thread useful next week, I'm adding the pics of the cross in question;
          Attached Files
          Regards
          Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Second, a rough Slant W in my collection marked with "O" 800 on the reverse left cross arm. Note that the pin on this example may (or may not) be a replacement from a KO (or EK1 with similar main pin).

Regards
            Mike
            Attached Files
            Regards
            Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Kenny View Post
              Note that the pin on this example may (or may not) be a replacement from a KO (or EK1 with similar main pin).

Regards
              Mike
              It does resemble a KO pin Mile but the patina around the pin barrel is exactly the same as the hinge so if it was replaced it was done a long time ago, or am I feeling another association of makers coming up

Chris

Comment

Wow, great photos Richard, and a very nice cross.

Chris, your EK1 has the traditional "AWS" wideframe, although it's not by AWS in my opinion. Not sure who made it but the pin is very like the traditional Godet pin. I have one identical, as well as a screwback version of the same exact type.

Mike, I think the frame on yours matches Richard's, as far as I can see, and possibly also the cross under discussion here -- anyway the shape is the same (the photos are too poor to judge anything else).

I tend to think the cross under discussion (thanks for adding the photos Mike) is a good one also.
                Best regards,
                Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Glad to help out on this one. I've not seen that many of these which might be why folk are suspicious.

Rich
                  Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
                  Decorations of Germany

Comment

I would still like to see clear, in focus pictures of the cross that
                    started this discussion. Both the back and the front.

Comment

Eki

here are some more photos-this was bought years ago from Detlev so presumed it was ok
                      Attached Files

Comment

Eki

More phots-this was bought from Detlev sometime ago so thought it was OK. On close inspection the hinge appears to be originally solded on but has wear ontop of the hinge at the right side
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for posting the bigger pics.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X