Reichswehr Insignia, 1919-1934

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reichswehr Insignia, 1919-1934

Here are medical officers' collar tabs, as worn 1919-21. The only difference with M1915 type is that these are not piped red on all four sides.

The despised "string beans" are the officers' shoulder cords worn 1919-21 when rank was worn on the sleeve, as were unit designations.
    Attached Files

In 1921, Imperial style rank shoulder insignia returned, without the former state "V" flecking.

This is a M1921 board for Marine-Oberzahlmeister, Paymaster Lieutenant (j.g. in the U.S. Navy)-- as worn by later Konteradmiral (V) August Böning for 12 years (never promoted from 1920 to 1933!)
    Attached Files

Comment

The Reichsheer (Reichsheer was the army, Reichsmarine the navy--together they were the Reichswehr) visor cap wreath here is the first pattern, M1919, designed to surround a state colors cockade when the old Imperial black-white-red cockade was still worn (briefly) above. Later in 1919 the scrawny oval "fried chicken" was introduced, and state cockades were moved to the top. This particular Prussian example is not the "flat" imperial type, but the "3-D" type commonly found in the Third Reich-- but with the black inner backing impressed up, leaving no room for a felt inner disk.
      Attached Files

Comment

Here is a closeup of the photo Eric Queen got for me, 1920s Major Bensen, attached to the Reichswehrministerium:

note the fancy "bumpy" collar tabs, contrast with the ones above
        Attached Files

Comment

Where can one buy such a cap badge?

Gerst

Comment

Where can one buy such a cockade?

Arnim
            Texas

Comment

Rick,

Very nice Weimar Republic period insignia. Thanks for showing it!

The "bumpy" collar tabs are Kragenlitzen called Kolbenstickerei for higher officers assigned to the Reichswehrministerium.

Can you elaborate on the "string bean" shoulder boards and when and how they were used? Your medical doctor was considered a Beamte was he not? I have a set on a Saxon Police uniform that I have never quite understood as an Imperial uniform. Perhaps the Polizei (also considered Beamte) also wore these in 1919?

Comment

Originally posted by SCHUPO View Post
                Rick,

Very nice Weimar Republic period insignia. Thanks for showing it!

The "bumpy" collar tabs are Kragenlitzen called Kolbenstickerei for higher officers assigned to the Reichswehrministerium.

Can you elaborate on the "string bean" shoulder boards and when and how they were used? Your medical doctor was considered a Beamte was he not? I have a set on a Saxon Police uniform that I have never quite understood as an Imperial uniform. Perhaps the Polizei (also considered Beamte) also wore these in 1919?
                Schupo,

Rick Research no longer participates in this forum so he won't be able to answer your question.

Comment

Mike,

Thanks for the reply. I just noticed that it is an old '02 thread that was brought to the top.

Comment

Reichsheer Wreat

Does anyone know whether the wreath was silver or brass?

Gerst

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X